Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2011, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Grass Guys, I really like that 3500HD. Two questions. First, did you paint the wheels black or did you have them powder coated? Secondly, you guys run Walkers. What do you do with the clippings? I didn't see anywhere to dump on the truck.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Grass Guys, I really like that 3500HD. Two questions. First, did you paint the wheels black or did you have them powder coated? Secondly, you guys run Walkers. What do you do with the clippings? I didn't see anywhere to dump on the truck.
Thanks man, I painted those wheels, I was gunna powder coat them but thought 600 was a little too much when I can spend 150 a year and have my buddy paint the whole landscape body and wheels. I think I'm gunna try to get some simulators this year I don't know though I like the blacked out look...

Secondly, yeah we run Walkers,(in my opinion best mowers out there by the way) for the most part I either leave them at the jobsite or put them in my other truck and haul them off... I know not the best way I have been rackin my brain this winter tryin to figure out another way to do it. Cause honestly I hate puttin the clippings in bags doesn't take alot of time got it down to less than a minute but its just a poa... This year I'm either gunna buy a dump trailer and put a custom drop gate on it like one of my buddies have done. And haul it behind my Dodge or I would love to do this saw this video on on youtube the other day... I know it would prolly be expensive as all get out but hell it would be worth it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AA1Ag5HKVY

Watchin it again man I would love to have somethin like that whoever came up with that is a genius...

As soon as I figure out what I'm gunna do I'll take some pictures and upload them on here. Good Luck 93chevy on this upcoming Season!!!!

2009 Walker MTGHS 42" w/ mulching GHS Decks and 62" Side Discharge deck
3 Commercial Grade John Deere Push Mowers
Billy Goat Vacuum
Echo Trimmers:
SRM 3100
SRM 3400
SRM 3400
SRM 3800
Handheld Blower
Stihl Backpack Blowers:
BR 600
BR 600 Magnum
HS 81T Hedge Trimmer
KM 130R KOMBI SYSTEM
with 8 Attachments
Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass guys View Post
Thanks man, I painted those wheels, I was gunna powder coat them but thought 600 was a little too much when I can spend 150 a year and have my buddy paint the whole landscape body and wheels. I think I'm gunna try to get some simulators this year I don't know though I like the blacked out look...

Secondly, yeah we run Walkers,(in my opinion best mowers out there by the way) for the most part I either leave them at the jobsite or put them in my other truck and haul them off... I know not the best way I have been rackin my brain this winter tryin to figure out another way to do it. Cause honestly I hate puttin the clippings in bags doesn't take alot of time got it down to less than a minute but its just a poa... This year I'm either gunna buy a dump trailer and put a custom drop gate on it like one of my buddies have done. And haul it behind my Dodge or I would love to do this saw this video on on youtube the other day... I know it would prolly be expensive as all get out but hell it would be worth it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AA1Ag5HKVY

Watchin it again man I would love to have somethin like that whoever came up with that is a genius...

As soon as I figure out what I'm gunna do I'll take some pictures and upload them on here. Good Luck 93chevy on this upcoming Season!!!!
Holy crap $600 for powder coat? I sent mine to get sandblasted and powder coated for $15/wheel. I couldn't even paint them properly for that price.

Yeah, good luck figuring out what to do with the clippings. That's one thing I like about trailers. You have the bed space for the clippings, but then you also have to worry about a trailer. Maybe somebody will come up with the perfect setup. Maybe a cabover landscape truck with a small dump bin right behind the cab.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Holy crap $600 for powder coat? I sent mine to get sandblasted and powder coated for $15/wheel. I couldn't even paint them properly for that price.

Yeah, good luck figuring out what to do with the clippings. That's one thing I like about trailers. You have the bed space for the clippings, but then you also have to worry about a trailer. Maybe somebody will come up with the perfect setup. Maybe a cabover landscape truck with a small dump bin right behind the cab.
I wish I lived near you $600 was the cheapest I found to sandblast and powder coat

2009 Walker MTGHS 42" w/ mulching GHS Decks and 62" Side Discharge deck
3 Commercial Grade John Deere Push Mowers
Billy Goat Vacuum
Echo Trimmers:
SRM 3100
SRM 3400
SRM 3400
SRM 3800
Handheld Blower
Stihl Backpack Blowers:
BR 600
BR 600 Magnum
HS 81T Hedge Trimmer
KM 130R KOMBI SYSTEM
with 8 Attachments
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Snow rigs 2010-2011

Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlMechanic View Post
Nice trucks. You get enough snow in Tulsa to plow? Wish we had a snow season here in DFW Texas area.
Not really, just have it to take care of some full service commercial accounts. Since there are so few plows here the LCO's sub out the commercial accounts. I had sub snow removal out for a few years and then I was held holding the bag when the sub wouldn't show up. So I decided that wasn't going to happen again. As you can see it is an old unit that works pretty well. I do plan on painting the old plow up to make it look better. Side note for DFW area. My truck has a 250 lb Meyer salt spreader on it. That makes some serious cash with the ice we get. That might work for the DFW area.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clear difference lawn View Post
Not much different from last year. Still small and efficient.
How do you like your Gravely ztr?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Nice trucks!
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Brotherhood 2000 plus fourteen
"The real lawn care Jesus"
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I can add my truck to this. Going to build a bigger box for next year.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

This is my new truck for work! 2011 TOYOTA TUNDRA 4X4 TRD ROCK WARRIOR!

BELOW IS THE THREAD ON MY TRUCK!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364704