Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearViewGroup View Post
may as well take her home and paint her up chris..you know your keeping it! haha

i really love those ASC buckets and thumbs, the one of your bigger volvo was the first I ever had seen

looks like some georgia clay on the terex...all the way up in NC haha

Talus and JP..you think that they could have repainted a yellow 70 to keep up with times? interior looks odd for the new style too..thought they were all black or dark gray inside....?
Yeah I love the matching ASC bucket and thumb combos. Our first daewoo didn't have a matching thumb and bucket and I swore that would never happen again, god did that suck! Yeah If I like it it'll be sitting under the shop soon getting a new coat of ass paint! lol

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[
Talus and JP..you think that they could have repainted a yellow 70 to keep up with times? interior looks odd for the new style too..thought they were all black or dark gray inside....?[/QUOTE]

I'm with gatorguy. I don't think this was repainted. The gussets on the loader right above the quicktach have the newer 45 degree angle piececs. The sr style went in towards the center further and had a radius type curve. The 70's don't seem as popular as the 80 so maybe it was left over interior trim. One thing I do find odd is I have never seen one that says posi track in between the loader arms. Every white one I've seen said Terex. Hmmmm.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

leave it chris to find the most bizarre ASV machine out there haha
Old 01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Yeah I love the matching ASC bucket and thumb combos. Our first daewoo didn't have a matching thumb and bucket and I swore that would never happen again, god did that suck! Yeah If I like it it'll be sitting under the shop soon getting a new coat of ass paint! lol
I'd sand and repaint the grey on both sides of the carbody as well as the C/W. That way the grey along the bottom will match up with the paint on the new doors. Makes it way more obvious when they is faded/new paint right next one another. Is it just me or does the paint on volvo booms not fade as bad as the rest of the machine?
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND
Old 01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think the PT70 was a leftover, or one of the first white units put out there.

70s aren't as popular because, they are a single speed unit, they don't have the same under carriage as an 80, and for just a few grand more a guy can buy an 80.

J.