Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i dont, cant stand it!!! but, our business does.
I used to hate it too, but than I got addicted to it! lol
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 01-29-2011, 04:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
I used to hate it too, but than I got addicted to it! lol
i still hate it but it does keep in touch with certain ppl...

i was thinkin bill... sandblasting the insert might actually be the best way to go for one reason... what a pain in the rump it is to remove ff! i never got around to putting the thread together but when i redid our western plow over the summer i powerwashed at least 3 times and there was still ff left on it

my dad brought up a possible good point... is it basically looks that make you want to clean it up? maybe you should just take the time to clean up the outside and leave the inside coated with ff since no matter what you do it's gonna take a beating. he kinda compared it to the ppl who come into the shop with a car with 250,000 miles on it that's 20 years old, refuse to get rid of it but hate the way it looks so they want it painted. then they find out a paint job costs at least 5 grand when the car aint even worth 1 and all of a sudden the old paint n rust look fine again

oh and he also asked when you were droppin it off i snatched a couple of pics of a cousins plow, i'll get them posted when i get some free time. hope u got sleep after the storm, i was up 34 hours straight and still aint recovered
Old 01-29-2011, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Basically, on the outside of the insert, the only part that is getting beat up is the tailgate. It used to look nice with my logo and American flags and stuff but the paint has since come off than rusted...now just looks bad. The only reason I am at all concerned about the inside of the bed is because it has come up in chunks if that makes sense and I am kinda worried that one day the bottom will more or less fall out, lol. I figure getting it cleaned up and some paint back on it would prolong it a bit, but maybe it wouldn't even be worth it. I wonder if even if I painted it, if the first few times I put grass clippings and stuff in it if it would just eat it up again...not really sure....I might just keep with fluid filming it a few times a year to keep the rust down.

I pretty much caught up with sleep the next day...the baby didn't really want me to fully recover so I will slowly catch up with sleep over the next week, lol.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

if the bottom is that bad bill sandblasting stands the best chance of doing more harm than good. it could blow holes right threw it. you might be better off just keepin in fluid filmed and that's it or the red rustoleum primer, paint and ff