Register free!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I vowed long ago to never become "that guy"
Posted via Mobile Device
That guy.
It reminds me about this episode and I swear it is true. My son and daughter were helping me one summer day. We saw a guy about 60-years-old who was working in his yard. I kid you not....he was wearing a straw hat, white collared short sleeve shirt, white shorts, black knee high socks, and brown oxford shoes.
I told my kids, "If I ever dress like that, just ship me to "the home."

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The "home" where you'll wax on about the good old days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtandhoops View Post
That guy.
It reminds me about this episode and I swear it is true. My son and daughter were helping me one summer day. We saw a guy about 60-years-old who was working in his yard. I kid you not....he was wearing a straw hat, white collared short sleeve shirt, white shorts, black knee high socks, and brown oxford shoes.
I told my kids, "If I ever dress like that, just ship me to "the home."
Most likely one of the snowbirds from your area that had picked up some fashion tips when he was down here.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Just pull up your shorts, pull down your cap, hunch over, shuffle, smack your lips and use words like dadburn, you'll get your discount. Don't forget to wear an AARP t-shirt.
Posted via Mobile Device
No need for all the above. If you are over 40 just tell the 16 yr old kid in the ticket booth you are a senior. To them a 40 year old is over the hill and they won't think twice about selling a senior discount ticket.

As for some of wardrobe items I see seniors here in Florida wearing. Well just shoot me if I ever wear any crap like that.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
As for some of wardrobe items I see seniors here in Florida wearing. Well just shoot me if I ever wear any crap like that.
Come on Ric, you know that when you are not out working you are sporting tommy bahama shirts, khaki shorts, and white tennis shows with velcro and black knee high socks.

Except when you get dressed up in your Sunday best

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Come on Ric, you know that when you are not out working you are sporting tommy bahama shirts, khaki shorts, and white tennis shows with velcro and black knee high socks.

Except when you get dressed up in your Sunday best
Michael

Let Gregory or Fl Landscape tell you I am 135 pound and 5'5" tall with a 29 inch waist line. I also have black hair with some Salt. I walk up right with a quick step and most people guess me in my 50's. I never have worn Glasses and my last eye exam the doctor (BTW a Customer) told me make the next appointment in two years. I credit myself as having excellent DNA. Oh and I take no meds other than an occasional aspirin. You should be so lucky.

Now I will admit this time last year I was dating a 29 year old who wore me out and I had to break if off. Tubing down the river in the morning, BBQ in the afternoon with Keg and then the after party when the Bars closed was Too much for me. I could hang for a day or so but not all week long.

Yo In Edit let me add.

The other day before going to my old Nursery Fl landscape and I were in Wally World. On the way out we ran into a bar owner who was super friendly. In fact he was so friendly I had to ask (in front of FL) if I was still Barred from his place for throwing some smart azz over his bar last year at age 69. All is forgiven and he agreed the guy deserved what he got.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Last edited by Ric; 01-30-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Michael

Let Gregory or Fl Landscape tell you I am 135 pound and 5'5" tall with a 29 inch waist line. I also have black hair with some Salt. I walk up right with a quick step and most people guess me in my 50's. I never have worn Glasses and my last eye exam the doctor (BTW a Customer) told me make the next appointment in two years. I credit myself as having excellent DNA. Oh and I take no meds other than an occasional aspirin. You should be so lucky.

Now I will admit this time last year I was dating a 29 year old who wore me out and I had to break if off. Tubing down the river in the morning, BBQ in the afternoon with Keg and then the after party when the Bars closed was Too much for me. I could hang for a day or so but not all week long.

Yo In Edit let me add.

The other day before going to my old Nursery Fl landscape and I were in Wally World. On the way out we ran into a bar owner who was super friendly. In fact he was so friendly I had to ask (in front of FL) if I was still Barred from his place for throwing some smart azz over his bar last year at age 69. All is forgiven and he agreed the guy deserved what he got.
That is good to hear ric. Must be the fountain of youth down here. I have ran into several guys in the green industry down here that are much younger looking that they appear to be. I talked to a guy this summer on the way out of neighborhood who was doing the common areas about his mower. After talking for awhile he told me he was 74!!! I about fell over because I would not put this guy a day over 55. Not what you typically think guys who are in the sun all day look like.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I also feel super special that we get our own forums.yeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowww