Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2011, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLandscapingInc View Post
Tthomas,

Great work. I looked through your pics. I especially liked the VT ones as I went to school there as well. I am down in the Hampton Roads area, however we do snow removal from here to up there. I would recommend getting pusher boxes for your bobcats. They save an unbelievable amount of time.Also would recommend the Polar Tracks for your 190 and 250. PM me for more info; we have a good, cheap source for this stuff. Makes a world of difference; especially in larger accumulations. I take it you got your Boss plows for ESI ? Best of luck to you in the 2011 season.
We are hourly on snow removal and therefore a box would hurt us financially. We don't get paid more per hour to have them. For a per push contract, yes it would be beneficial.

I have used ESI but they are difficult to deal with unless you get the right person. Usually, I end up having to drive there and get things taken care of in person. They have a thriving business but the customer service needs to catch up. It has improved but still is not where it needs to be.

Go Hokies!!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Tthomass,

I understand what you are saying. We used 84" snow buckets up there last year and they ended up being a powerful bargaining chip; even in the per hour situations. It certainly gave us some leverage in securing a higher hourly rate and getting work over other skids. The same can be said for having our telehandler up there.

You are certainly correct about ESI. I have purchased a few plows from them,but can rarely get them on the phone to order parts, pricing, etc. It isn't quite as easy for me to just go over to sort thing out though. To my knowledge they are the only BOSS dealer in the area though, so I have to deal with the mediocre customer service.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

When you call ESI ask for Noble. He's the owners son and can make calls on better pricing/group buy etc. They're good at returning calls now, it just might be tomorrow and then if there is another question it can take longer to get your answer. There's dealers but they're the only distributor = less expensive than dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLandscapingInc View Post
Tthomass,

I understand what you are saying. We used 84" snow buckets up there last year and they ended up being a powerful bargaining chip; even in the per hour situations. It certainly gave us some leverage in securing a higher hourly rate and getting work over other skids. The same can be said for having our telehandler up there.

You are certainly correct about ESI. I have purchased a few plows from them,but can rarely get them on the phone to order parts, pricing, etc. It isn't quite as easy for me to just go over to sort thing out though. To my knowledge they are the only BOSS dealer in the area though, so I have to deal with the mediocre customer service.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

DVS has been hounding me for pictures so here ya'll go!!

Who likes snow? We do! Unfortunately, frosty was a casualty. Interestingly, I did get to pull out a stuck ambulance the other night and we also pulled out a stuck sheriff's popo. Storm hit very quickly and people were stranded on major roads for up to 12 hrs in grid lock and preventing plow trucks from getting through.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That sure was a LONG A$$ Honey Moon!!!

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
That sure was a LONG A$$ Honey Moon!!!
Yeah right.......I don't have that problem. It was interesting to have sunburn in January but I figured after 5yrs I deserved a vacation.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like you brought back a new laborer, and looks like you introduced him (MexicanAmerican) to Lawnsite!

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 01-31-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Snow, snow, ice, mud, rain, sun, ice, rain, more mud.....that's about it here. Shop was built back in July and just now getting around to pouring the concrete sometime next week. We've been taking it pretty easy this winter really. Equipment is getting serviced from batteries and alternators to belts to tires to oil changes to mower tune-ups to joysticks in the T250 (ouch) etc. As I tell my mechanic, "if it won't last a year, replace it".

Picked up two box trucks and they're being outfitted with their dovetails in preparation for lawn mowing crews and later wrapped in some extravagant way to display who we are. I'd say a new look but more like an organized look of explaining who we already are (same logo) and a new website are being launched in a few more weeks. Big plans/changes this year.....that sounds so easy.

Anybody going to GROW?
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No it's not legal in this state.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
...Anybody going to GROW?
i stopped growing many moons ago

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-1 belt