Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
Since I've had help this last year I was able to go back to wearing shorts in the heat. Otherwise I just stuck to jeans most of the year.

I also wear a straw hat, actually just picked up a new one from Bass Pro the other day. I go with short sleeve and I MUCH prefer the ployester wicking shirts. NOT under armor though. I bought one and compared to my walmart $6 cheapos the UA was a complete joke! Felt like I was wearing a garbage bag!

I've also contemplated going to long sleeve button up shirts, and long pants always. I know it's supposed to be cooler if you are covered up but I've never found that to be true. I'm 32 now though and I've got to start keeping the sun off of my skin more... Sun screen just doesn't work as I can't ever get into a routine of putting it on every day, sometimes 2x a day.

For shoes I've been wearing Vasque hikers. I also have a pair of redwing steel toe boots. I wear a 15 though and the steel toe boots look more like clown shoes and are pretty hard to get around in! Not a big fan but I paid a freaking fortune for them! Next time I'm going with the murells. The Vasque ones just aren't holding up like they should.

Jason,

The Performance Fishing Gear fishing shirts work good. Long sleeve, button up, it breathes and lets the wind through. It looks good and professional too.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

For me its cargo shorts, company t-shirt & company hat. If its a rough weedeating job I have a pair of scrubs I slide on over my shorts til we're finished.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I wear pants because of the yellow jackets.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Timberland pro steel toes. And pants. I ALWAYS wear pants. The onlytime i wear shorts at work is If its 100+ outside and im not operating any equipment. And the only time i dont run any euipment is on mulch jobs basically.
21" MTD Pro Push mower
Stihl BR550
Bolens 25cc trimmer (KM110R soon to come)
Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes View Post
well the day you wear them all day on a wet day they are alot better than tennis shoes. If you are not walking around and just riding it makes it much nicer to not be stuck in wet shoes all day...
I wear crocs to walk around in. If I am actually working, I am in chemical resistant boots. No point in putting on fancy shoes if I am only going to be taking them off. Those chemical resistant boots are also never worn into the cab of my truck either.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

basketball shorts and sleeveless tees when it's hot which down here is 90% of the season. sweatsuits when it is cold. hiker boots always. no steel toe.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Every time I'm introduced to a male wearing crocs or sandals in public, I make a point to somehow step on their foot.
Try that in the south, where everyone around here wears sandals and crocs, and you'll have a crowd of about 100 making it a point that you don't get up off the ground.

Back to the topic on hand, jeans in the winter and fall and shorts in the 100+ days with 80-100% humidity.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALawnboy View Post
Try that in the south, where everyone around here wears sandals and crocs, and you'll have a crowd of about 100 making it a point that you don't get up off the ground.

Back to the topic on hand, jeans in the winter and fall and shorts in the 100+ days with 80-100% humidity.
I could outrun them with in my leather boots while they're slipping and falling out their crocs.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 02-05-2011, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

what heterosexual male would wear crocs?
21" MTD Pro Push mower
Stihl BR550
Bolens 25cc trimmer (KM110R soon to come)
Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravelyftw View Post
what heterosexual male would wear crocs?
They make some pretty good boat shoes for cannoning and such, but I wear hiking boots and long, lightweight, pants for mowing/working.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)