Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2011, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Advertising for commercial accounts

This has been beaten to death but I am not looking for the usual answers of how you fight to gain them through cold calls and visits.
I want to know about the accounts that came to you. What forms of advertising is used to gain attention in commercial side of this business? Was it postcards to businesses? TV commercials? Billboards? or simply word of mouth over time?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

In my experience the answer is all of the above. Constant contact and repitition is important. They see you in the paper, you drop by the customer's biz, they receive a door hanger at their home, they see your wrapped truck next to them at the light. Keep a professional look about you. They think this will reflect in your work. The commercial account is nothing more than a person with a commercial lot. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustutah View Post
In my experience the answer is all of the above. Constant contact and repitition is important. They see you in the paper, you drop by the customer's biz, they receive a door hanger at their home, they see your wrapped truck next to them at the light. Keep a professional look about you. They think this will reflect in your work. The commercial account is nothing more than a person with a commercial lot. Good luck.
can you post a pic of your wrapped truck?