Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-25-2010, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Bermuda is the Kudzu of the grass species. You can feed it just about anything and it can take it...even gasoline just stunts it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats true. About the only thing that will kill it (or make it look really bad) is shade. I found this out the hard way after I sodded my back lawn with hybrid Bermuda last summer. During the summer, it was looking great. But then during the summer the sun shifts and the fence blocks out the light and causes 50% of the lawn to thin, become brown and soggy. Oh well, live and learn. Think if I overseed with perennial rye next year and topdress early summer I will get it look OK. Me forgetting to put out Pre M was another big mistake and rolling it with a heavy sod roller prior to installation was another no, no. Found out that it isn't that same as settling with water and causes parts of the lawn to sink when you water your sod. Better my house than someone else's. The sod is grown on some god awful clay around here and I would never buy hybrid bermuda sod again, spriggs for me.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Won't you defer the money spent on edger blades and a dedicated edger and turn around and spend it on string and aggravation?

I'm pretty good at using a trimmer for an edger but it consumes string at a high rate.
Posted via Mobile Device