Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
I was hoping to find someone that was or had used one like you, I appreciate the comment and its something I'll keep in mind. I need to look at my situation more closely. How much do you think you'd ask for it? Looks like the 5x10?
Posted via Mobile Device
Its a 5x8, for a relitivily small company like what you have it will be perfect. I have gotten out of lawn care and i still offer landscaping but i am trying to get out of that and just do tree work. For tree work this trailer is way to small. But for someone like you who doesnt have anything that really dumps this will be perfect, its not too small, and its not too big. If you dont already have a trailer you can use this one. In addition you might not always need a dump because im sure that you cut more grass than do landscaping, but when you do have a mulch job you can fit around 5 yards in this.

I have repainted the whole trailer with rino lining, added sides, put a new battery in it, and replaced all the lights with LED. PM me for a price.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'll second the aluminum ramps idea for a wb. Much easier to deal with vs swapping gates and you can just get straight ones (not folding) and mount them as side boards.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 14ft 14k dump and use lightweight ramps for the WB mowers but also have the heavy duty ones for equipment. The rampgate seems like more of a PITA if you regularly use the dump. The only better option would be to find a ramp gate that also has a barn door option, I've seen one on here like that and it would make dumping so much easier. However those with be HEAVY to put up and down as most dumps don't have ramp assists like an eclosed trailer does. My trailer itself weighs 3800#'s so yea its gonna eat fuel, but it works for me. Don't get sucked in to buying a small dump either, I'm also not telling you to go blow $7k on a new one. I had a 6x10 and ran out of room so fast with that so I upgraded by selling the dump and landscape trailer I had (wanted my garage space back). I'm happy with the setup but as soon as I get more room I'm probably getting another trailer for the mowers.