Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2011, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedosix View Post
Tom, don't take this personal, you really need to pay more attention to detail, like bond lines and I'm not seeing any edge restraint anywhere, what about geo-tex, haven't seen you guys using that either. You guys seem to do alot of work and you're proud of it which is a good thing but stand back and have a look at your work from the curb, things need to flowwwwwwwwwwww.
He hasn't got to z06 status yet... just standard corvette.

I have seen your work and there is a very good reason you are bawler!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Well I wasn't sure if people would be interested in my thread because I don't see too many people posting pictures of their own projects, but it looks like people are. I will share some information about myself. I work for my family's Landscaping business and I hope to take it over someday when the old man wants to retire. I graduated last year from college with associates degrees in construction management and business management. I have worked for the family company for 13 years. Currently I am a job foreman and the head equipment operator for the company. I do all the prep work for all the jobs, meaning for pavers, I do everything up to putting in the beading sand and for walls, everything up to laying base row. Also I do almost all of the granite work. Then my father and his crew comes in and completes the project and I move on to prep the next job. However on our large projects we work together to get the job done quicker. I am also ICPI, NCMA and PICP certified and have a CDL license. Don't be afraid to to ask questions or comment on our projects. I will try to answer them the best I can but I don't know everything! haha
Keep it coming. I really enjoy your pics and think you have a unique equipment selection. I am trying to refurbish an A300 right now. They are just incredible machines. To me they have less of a footprint than a tracked machine. I would have really liked to find an A220, but there is NOTHING used for sale in that particular model.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin View Post
He hasn't got to z06 status yet... just standard corvette.

I have seen your work and there is a very good reason you are bawler!!!
Gotta ask, I think. What is "bawler".
Old 02-14-2011, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Gotta ask, I think. What is "bawler".
Sorry I may have misspelled. Slang for highroller.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Tom, don't take this personal, you really need to pay more attention to detail, like bond lines and I'm not seeing any edge restraint anywhere, what about geo-tex, haven't seen you guys using that either. You guys seem to do alot of work and you're proud of it which is a good thing but stand back and have a look at your work from the curb, things need to flowwwwwwwwwwww.
No worries, you have your opinion and that's fine. I can assure you there is edge restraint on each and every job. We wouldn't be in business for 30 years if we didn't. Its usually just covered by mulch or loam on the side. We don't use geo-textile under walks or patios unless there is clay or loam present after excavation. We have very sandy, gravely soil here. We also compact the ground at the bottom of the excavation before the base goes in. What pictures are you referring to about bond lines? Again i appreciate your comments and opinions even though i don't always agree with them.

Anyone can run equipment, very few can operate.

Check out what I do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcatNinja2124

The company I work for.
http://www.interstatelandscapenh.com/

Follow me on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/TheDirtNinja
Old 02-14-2011, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I think everything looks good. I personally don't like all the granite, but you explained why you use it. Nice equipment too!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Keep it coming. I really enjoy your pics and think you have a unique equipment selection. I am trying to refurbish an A300 right now. They are just incredible machines. To me they have less of a footprint than a tracked machine. I would have really liked to find an A220, but there is NOTHING used for sale in that particular model.
Thank you. A300's are great machines you will love it when you get it refurbished.

Anyone can run equipment, very few can operate.

Check out what I do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcatNinja2124

The company I work for.
http://www.interstatelandscapenh.com/

Follow me on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/TheDirtNinja
Old 02-14-2011, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
What pictures are you referring to about bond lines? Again i appreciate your comments and opinions even though i don't always agree with them.
One in particular would be the small walkway that adjoins the circle patio, the permeable one where there is no border, the last one that is curved just needs to be smoother, gotta stand back and look at your work, couple more, but don't want to make an issue of it. Long as you and your customers are happy.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Sorry I may have misspelled. Slang for highroller.
Anything I have or have accomplished in my life I owe to hard work.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I think he ment "Baller". Not Bawler.
Posted via Mobile Device