Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Landscape / Facilities Project Manager - PMP

Greetings:
I am a Project Manager with more than 15 years of professional experience, 4 years project management experience, and 10 years in the landscaping maintenance and construction industry. I am very interested in joining your team as a Project Manager, Estimator, or similar mid - executive level position in Texas. My professional experiences are broad, ranging from Quality Control and Contract Administration to Operations and General Management. I am an integrator of talents and a leader of labor forces, implementing stakeholder management strategies to achieve performance and quality. I have developed a strong integration strategy to allocate proficient resources for any job. My goal is to learn both the technical expertise and the administrative processes of your organization, and to perform as a valuable, long-term program resource.
Here is a brief description of my achievements:
• Hold a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Coordinated the planning, execution, and monitoring of over 50 O&M service contracts for the US Department of Defense, and several hundred residential and commercial general contracting projects.
• Received 3 Certificates of Appreciation from the US Army for performance in Afghanistan
• Promoted to Site Manager for a >$100,000,000 O&M contract
• Authorized purchase requisitions up to $50,000 per line item
• Developed landscaping company to 30% quarterly growth and sold company for profit
• Created reporting processes and deliverables that were absorbed into organizational procedures
• Surpassed sales goals by 53%, increased customer retention +2.5%, 85% lead closure in B2B and outside sales for pest control service provider
• Qualified vendors, procured resources, conducted team building exercises, trained quality processes

I welcome the opportunity to further discuss my skills and where I may contribute to your company. If you have questions or would like to schedule an interview, please contact me by e-mail at Tannery77@gmail.com and I will provide my phone number. I am pasting my resume for your review. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

Richard T.
Tannery77@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardtannery
Will Relocate within Texas

Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• B.A. Anthropology – University of Texas at Austin, 2001
• PMP – Project Management Professional – PMI, 2011
• CIPM – Certified International Project Manager – AAPM, 2010
• Active Security Clearance – NACI, 2010
• 16 years professional experience, 4 years project management, 10
years landscape management
• Project Manager, Quality, Facilities, Landscaping, General Contracting
• Organized and analytical
• Mature/professional demeanor
• Self-assured and confident
• Strong work ethic (disciplined and self-starter)

Professional Experience
Site / O&M Manager – DynCorp International, 2009-2010
LOGCAP IV Infrastructure Support Site Manager for US Army Projects in Afghanistan. Worked with management team including US based resources as well as foreign-based resources to achieve the deliverables defined within various projects. Responsibilities included the entire lifecycle of construction and O&M projects from initiation to closure. Managed inventories, costs, resources, and schedules to achieve successful project quality. Responsible for documentation and stakeholder integration during the project lifecycle. Received promotion and 3 certificates of appreciation from the US Army. Led the daily activities of 400 – 500 personnel.

Owner / General Manager – Honeybee Texas Land Services, 2007-2008
Conducted general contracting for landscape construction and self-performed maintenance accounts. Designed landscapes using native and adapted plant varieties to ensure water conservation and green best practices. Managed landscape construction and maintenance crews for high-end residential and commercial customers. Performed estimates for new installations and maintenance contracts, achieving 30% quarterly growth. Practiced quality assurance implementing designs and site plans. Managed stakeholder expectations with effective communications strategies. Conducted market research for growth into new areas. Created a company website using Dreamweaver 2004 MX. Created marketing strategies and designed web-based advertisements using social network sites and lead generation firms. Managed approximately 200 projects from initiation to closure, maintaining aggressive margins and achieving timeliness and quality. Generated Power Point presentations for bid proposals.

Labor Department Manager – KBR, Inc., 2005-2007
LOGCAP III Department of Defense civilian contractor in Iraq. As Site Labor Department Supervisor, managed 197 multi-national defense contractors. Conducted daily operations of O&M and skilled trade services including waste water and ROWPU delivery, custodial crews, wash rack, and landscaping crews. Reported deliverables directly to the Chief of Services and operations personnel. Performed contract administration and ensured quality assurance of local vendors. Successfully communicated with senior management and the USG to manage stakeholder expectations.

Quality Inspector – CTL-Thompson Geotechnical Engineering, 2005
Field Technician / Inspector for a Geotechnical Engineering firm. Conducted construction site inspection including structural steel, truss, and fire stoppage. Collected concrete and soil samples, performed moisture/density and soil compaction quality assurance. Performed quality control of structural steel and concrete installation using blueprints. Communicated with Senior Management and Site Superintendents to clearly and concisely report non-conformances. Discovered several non-conformances in building pad installation, saved millions in long-term liability due to construction integrity and safety for projects.
Project / Account Foreman – Earth Artisans Landscaping and Maintenance, 2001-2004
Designed landscapes using native and adapted plant varieties to ensure water conservation and green best practices. Managed landscape construction and maintenance crews for high-end residential and commercial customers. Performed estimates for new installations and maintenance contracts, achieving company growth. Practiced quality assurance implementing designs and site plans.
(10 additional years of experience and qualifications available upon request.)

Tags
bid , estimate , landscape construction , project manager , texas