Register free!

Old 10-27-2010, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, when I first seen the finished pics I was very impressed. Now that I read it was your first, I'm amazed! Very nice. Now I just need a customer like that.

Actually, I do have a high end maintenance client that we just took a tree out for. I ran it by her that I'd do a pondless feature for cost so I could add it to my portfolio. The location of the tree is right by the garage and walkway to patio in the back yard, with a nice slope for one large fall and a decent stream.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
On second thought, a swimming pool heater would not work in a salt water system. it must be Titanium otherwise it will corrode.

I ain't thinking straight.....tired.
Tadpole,

I found this set of heaters for pools. I don't know if they will work for koi.

http://www.heatexchangersonline.com/poolheaters.htm
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Daniel. The Titanium heat exchanger will work in conjunction with a gas heater like you have installed on the subject of this thread. I still need to find out if it is possible to maintain the narrow temperature window that is needed for Tropical species. A considerable amount of research still needs to be done.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors_Unlimited View Post
Wow, when I first seen the finished pics I was very impressed. Now that I read it was your first, I'm amazed! Very nice. Now I just need a customer like that.

Actually, I do have a high end maintenance client that we just took a tree out for. I ran it by her that I'd do a pondless feature for cost so I could add it to my portfolio. The location of the tree is right by the garage and walkway to patio in the back yard, with a nice slope for one large fall and a decent stream.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you! Yeah, I highly recommend the building of water features of any kind.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I am still concerned about the tunnels dug for the pipes?

You poured concrete over them which looks like a footer for your stone work. Even with reinforced concrete, that has to compromise the integrity of the concrete. That dirt isn't going to be settled leaving a direction for the water to push towards (possible hole in lining, the lining could pull against masonry work, etc)...?

Very nice job just curious in your words of advice?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife and I have just sat here and looked in awe at your pond. For your first one, you blew the socks off!! This was truly amazing!!!
So, approximately how much did this cost and how long did it take you to build it?

Absolutely wonderful job!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronderzack View Post
I am still concerned about the tunnels dug for the pipes?

You poured concrete over them which looks like a footer for your stone work. Even with reinforced concrete, that has to compromise the integrity of the concrete. That dirt isn't going to be settled leaving a direction for the water to push towards (possible hole in lining, the lining could pull against masonry work, etc)...?

Very nice job just curious in your words of advice?
Yes, once you disturb existing soil it will be a while before it will pack to its original state, if ever. When packing the holes you dug you just have to do the best job possible in making sure the soil is firm. If done right you shouldn't have any trouble. The firestone liners are very very tough and flexible. As for the concrete; even if it wasn't supported completely by soil it just isn't carrying enough weight to be a problem. It is also reinforced with high strength fibers. I hope that answered your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
My wife and I have just sat here and looked in awe at your pond. For your first one, you blew the socks off!! This was truly amazing!!!
So, approximately how much did this cost and how long did it take you to build it?

Absolutely wonderful job!!!
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Daniel
Old 02-15-2011, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy5149 View Post
you heat this??????????????? there is so much surface area that the heat loss must be crazy
If they're heating this I guess they can swim in it safely...one heck of a nice pool