Register free!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVHardscape View Post
well they used to be "THE" way to go, then they became an option, now they are just treading water to stay afloat.

In my immediate area, there are 0 contractors that willingly use EP. if a customer specifically needs a paver from them then it'll be used, but other than that noone uses them by choice.

Why use something thats more expensive than the competition, and lesser quality?! doesn't make sense, unless you're absolutely in love with autumn blend, lol
Not going to defen EP, but sound like you have bone to pick. "0" contractors is bold statement. How are you connected to Techo?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm in no way connected to techo. I've just grown very disgruntled with EP's lack of even trying anymore, yet people still drop to their knees when EP is mentioned. I did get tangled up in their rust issue's 5-6 years ago, and while i'm sure they've since fixed the problem, they were anything but easy to deal with. Fortunately I was not self employed at that time and my employer had to eat tens of thousands of sq. ft.
As time developed we all switched over to techo and it stuck. "we" reffering to local contractors.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLandscape View Post
I love Pete, I know he is very polarizing love him or hate him the work he does is educational.

Also I feel like he is real. Doesn't put up with **** and like everyone of us here, he thinks he knows everything!
Posted via Mobile Device
That's the problem with Pete. He "cons" contractors like you into thinking he's a real contractor. He's not. He was never a contractor. It's an act, he chews tobacco, wears army boots, drives a pickup truck, curses like sailor because that is how you contractors are supposed to "act" and claims he has laid pavers in 27 countries and so many contractors fall for the act.

He's not a contractor, and never was. He's a rep. It's an acting job, and you all fall for it because he gives you free jackets.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Weird.....This post was for the AC show???? not shitting all over paver Pete
Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paver Gangster View Post
He's not a contractor, and never was. He's a rep. It's an acting job, and you all fall for it because he gives you free jackets.
Hey, i saw you're from Mahanoy City, I used to be an engineer for Fabcon, we have a production plant in mahanoy city!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's VERY possible that Pete may have done some contracting of small jobs when he was unemployed after Belgard fired him.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Fools contractors like me? Wow that's a bold statement. He is a good speaker and knows the topic he is speaking about. Have you ever taken a college class? Do you really think all those teachers have practical expirience? Doe it matter? No.

I sat through a talk by two FORMER contractors at mahts and they sucked. Should I value their thoughts on paver laying more than pete because they conned mrs. Smith into signing a piece of paper?

If pete isn't qualified to teach in the industry then who is?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLandscape View Post
Fools contractors like me? Wow that's a bold statement. He is a good speaker and knows the topic he is speaking about. Have you ever taken a college class? Do you really think all those teachers have practical expirience? Doe it matter? No.

I sat through a talk by two FORMER contractors at mahts and they sucked. Should I value their thoughts on paver laying more than pete because they conned mrs. Smith into signing a piece of paper?

If pete isn't qualified to teach in the industry then who is?
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree.

We're in the wrong thread, though!

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
Old 02-16-2011, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree so Ill make this my last comment. Im not questioning his knowledge, and I have seen him speak, he is a great speaker.

I just dont understand the need to embellish ones resume when frankly the truth is impressive enough. As a contractor, I find it odd.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A big part of what motivates us is ENERGY.

You go to a gym at 5:30 pm, music is cranked up and people are workin those bodies, go around the corner to the spinning class where they got the Techno music blarring and those stationary bicycles are doing 50 miles per hour. You look in and think "that looks fun, I need to get in a spinning class. It's the energy that's sparking your interest. If the music wasn't techno or wasnt even playing - you'd look in a room to only 5 people sweating to death on bicycles.

Same with seminars and speaking. If you wanna keep people's attention, you need to be energetic, dymanic. President Bill Clinton, whether you like him or not, was really good at this.

I often viewed Pete's speaking as mimmicking Charles VanderKoi, more so in the beginning times of the show cases. Whom charles vanderkoi reminds me of college professors. Charles is very good at this to an art. This is what keeps us awake and it's what has us listening and ABSORBING what he's saying. I remember one time the people in the meeting room next door had to come over and ask Charles to please not be so loud!

And......we also have this on this forum! Whether people agree with me or not.....they still click on my topics, and they click on my toipics, and they click on my topics, and they click on my topics, and they look at my user profile, and they look at my user profile. Even for my hecklers thats my energy that's drawing them. The other day someone said my topic was ridiculous, yet.........he's been participating!

See, I get bored easily, so I know about this stuff!

ENERGY!

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-1 belt

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 02-16-2011 at 11:09 AM.