Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Single stage paint also isn't very durable compared to a real base/clear system, and you're really not paying that much more for a 2-stage. More work yes, but more durable and it looks better IMO.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome operation you got going. I really like your international with the roll off.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

+ install by my mechanic

Up to you on your brother. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and you may have to do your own thing. You pick your own path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Is that price you gave for the dovetails a few pages back installed, or do you install them yourself/hire someone to install them?

I have access to Penske used fleet trucks just like that, and that would be a REALLY attractive option....

As for your other thoughts just the past 3-4 pages... It's apparent that you really have a desire to do more than just have a business... It's more than that and it's clear that you see that... I sure wish I could get my partner to think that way as well.... I always get enthusiastic about things and he says "put your hardon away"... if he weren't my brother, I would have been on my own by now.... It's tough when you don't see eye to eye about something so important.

I am going to read through this entire thread sometime over the weekend. I feel my business is at a turning point and in a position to grow 200 percent or more in 2011 and I want some more motivation. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Really $2000 isn't a bad price for the entire truck though. My paint job cost me $200, looks just as good from 5' away and I think has a life expectancy of 5 years which is about the life of a truck with right around 100k. I only paint the cab and wrap the rest.

Damn wrap cost me more than the last truck I bought. Paid $2200 for a 01 isuzu diesel with 86k miles and the wrap cost $2800.

The k and k dovetails are awesome. I have a couple of them as well. His shop is about 45 minutes from here.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Got the floor poured in the shop that was build back in June/July 2010........finally. Just a few more days and I can actually use it. Oh wait, no electricity yet

We've got another roll off on the way to fix up what will probably be an International 4700 as a backup/workhorse. Only now I'm shy to purchase the truck as we are considering changing a few things around about how we operate and the truck may not be so needed. So now I may get to sit on a hoist for a while......all depends on the marketing and spring rush.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Todd,
were you not out playing in the concrete? Looks good, you better get that electric in with the weather being the way it is. Was almost 60 up here today, I think people are getting excited up here, I saw motorcycles around and everyone out for a spring walk.

Ill take the 4700 and hoist off your hands if you wont need it! I would have to wheel and deal on it though! Ha!

A serious question-how thick did you go with the floor and did you get a high strength mix?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nah, I hired those guys to finish the concrete for me. We're masons, not concrete finishers. I'm 6 weeks away from having power with the permits and scheduling with the power company to install new service. I bet you would like that truck. I will be purchasing one this year to add to some various demands we have. I'll have a roll off truck for less than $20k.

Floor is 5-6" thick with 5' piers under it for support. Concrete is 3500psi and 1/2" rebar 24" OC.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
Thanks for the feedback everybody. Got the floor poured in the shop that was build back in June/July 2010........finally. Just a few more days and I can actually use it. Oh wait, no electricity yet

We've got another roll off on the way to fix up what will probably be an International 4700 as a backup/workhorse. Only now I'm shy to purchase the truck as we are considering changing a few things around about how we operate and the truck may not be so needed. So now I may get to sit on a hoist for a while......all depends on the marketing and spring rush.
no poly??

and that guy leaning on the rake could have been pulling the rebar looks like it stayed on the bottom.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Concrete as spec'd over 4" of #57.

I pay him to hold my rakes for me but all rebar is lifted.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
Concrete as spec'd over 4" of #57.

I pay him to hold my rakes for me but all rebar is lifted.
my eyes must be bad... it darn sure looks like that rebar is on the ground (at the edge of the concrete)

so its your building? did you write the spec? why no poly?

it cost 3 cents per square foot, cheap insurance for moisture problems in a building.