Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-17-2011, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
I pay him to hold my rakes for me but all rebar is lifted.
That just made my night, I am going to have to steal that line from you!! Shop looks good!!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Nah, I hired those guys to finish the concrete for me. We're masons, not concrete finishers. I'm 6 weeks away from having power with the permits and scheduling with the power company to install new service. I bet you would like that truck. I will be purchasing one this year to add to some various demands we have. I'll have a roll off truck for less than $20k.

Floor is 5-6" thick with 5' piers under it for support. Concrete is 3500psi and 1/2" rebar 24" OC.
must be nice, i would love to find some deals that would enable me to set up a roll off for 20,000!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

No your eyes are not bad, the rebar is on the bottom but we have this trick where we go over and pull it up with our hands. This was the end of the first truck load and I should have pulled it up before taking the picture, I apologize

No, no poly. My parents basement is 40yrs old without poly and no issues with no sump. Concrete pour was moved forward 4 days and the decision was made to proceed. I have zero concerns but thanks.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty View Post
That just made my night, I am going to have to steal that line from you!! Shop looks good!!
First guy that taught me masonry had a good one. If someone was holding a shovel he would go over and kick it into the ground and tell them "there, now you don't have to hold it" haha. I've done it a few times and always an entertaining reaction.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
No your eyes are not bad, the rebar is on the bottom but we have this trick where we go over and pull it up with our hands. This was the end of the first truck load and I should have pulled it up before taking the picture, I apologize

No, no poly. My parents basement is 40yrs old without poly and no issues with no sump. Concrete pour was moved forward 4 days and the decision was made to proceed. I have zero concerns but thanks.
ok, don't get your panties in a wad.

just curious, it must be a geographical thing, every building slab down here has either 6 or 10 mil poly under the slab. but i suppose our elevation has something to do with that. and we have more of a problem with ground water.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We almost never have poly under our slabs here. some do it some dont.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVA_Concrete View Post
ok, don't get your panties in a wad.

just curious, it must be a geographical thing, every building slab down here has either 6 or 10 mil poly under the slab. but i suppose our elevation has something to do with that. and we have more of a problem with ground water.
Just a little sarcasm
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How have you found the fuel usage to be in the loaded box trucks with the 6.0? I have two trucks with a 6.0, one is a 1 ton dump and the other is a service truck and they both seem to just suck down the fuel real bad. I've been looking for a better alternative for the mowing crew rather than my 1 ton gasser hauling around an 18' enclosed trailer. That uses about $100 a day or more in fuel.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i pull a 20' trailer loaded to the gills with two riders a stander and a walk behind, hand tools, hedge trimmers, 6 whips you get the idea. The tow rig is a 08 duramax and we burn less then 40 bucks in truck fuel per day. Granted we arnt driving a 60 mile route every day but i use to burn a full tank of gas every day in the dodge.

I wont be buying another gas engine if that means anything to ya
Old 02-18-2011, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

After 3 days of on and off reading i finnally fineshed reading this. Looks like you have built your self a nice company and just like proturf are insperational to us newbies.