Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouch Groundscapes View Post
come springtime the dpf/doc combo from hell are coming off my truck. im sick of the regen crap and plowing doesnt help it out.

better mileage and more reliability are definitely worth me forsaking the remainder of my warranty.

im only at 50K on my 09 6.4
Just keep in mind these newer diesels would cost upwards of 15k+++ to replace should something happen.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

from the research ive been doing and talking to guys that have run spartans/sct for a while now and have had no issues. the motor itself is very reliable as Navistar learned their lessons with the 6.0L and built this one much heavier.

and as for Dodge touting that they dont need urea, that is really a load of bs. the urea allows the truck to put off needing to regen as often and regens just plain suck. especially if you plow and are running at lower rpm's or speeds. urea increases your mileage as well b/c of regening less often.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyGuy View Post
Just keep in mind these newer diesels would cost upwards of 15k+++ to replace should something happen.
if you go to ford forums a few guys have said theirs blew up and ford refuses to cover it claiming they didnt do all the maintenance like fuel filters, etc. they also said its in the $25,000 range to change the engine. Ford wants $3,000 to change the oil pan in my 00' f350 7.3 powerstroke, now factor in the cost of that 6.4 engine and removing the cab!

wait until all of us "loyal" Ford guys band together in a class action lawsuit against ford for their de-laminating fuel tanks. my first cost $3500, and two years/15K miles later it did it again even thought it was the "new and improved" tank that I wasnt supposed to ever have to worry about again according to the dealer.

im sorry, wasnt this a cummins thread???

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity