Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Leasing Mowers for the season??!?!?!

Hey guys I Have a question!

DO any of you guys take advantage of Weingartz Mower leasing Offer??
(forgot Weingartz is only in MI but any other equipment store for that matter!)

Im actually thinking about doing it this year..
Sounds cool...
SO you apply for it now, (you get approved)
If you pay the 3k straight up On the spot you can get it from Time of delivery (second week of april) til December.
Also during that time you can get all the oil changes, blades, ANYTHING it needs. Just drop it off they will give you a loaner then come back and pick it up later

At the end of the season you return it
And you're done! You dont have to store it, maintain it, Just gas it and go!

This way you are always using a new mower!

What are your thoughts?!?!?!?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ya, but you never finish paying for that mower! And you have nothing to sell when you do upgrade.

Interesting idea tho.

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander42 View Post
ya, but you never finish paying for that mower! And you have nothing to sell when you do upgrade.

Interesting idea tho.
Yeah so really you're only playing for the 6 months you use it....Then its like you're buying a brand new mower every year.
You never have to worry about long term problems (that you usually have after owning a mower for 3 years)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So it's $3000/year to lease the mower. What would that same mower go for if you actually bought the mower?...$9000?

Lets do the math...a new mower costs $9000, that's the same price as leasing that same mower for 3 years. Now in that 3 years of leasing what do you have to show for it, absolutely nothing. But in that same 3 years of actually owning the mower, you would be able to sell the mower for probably $2500 at the end. So that would mean that your total investment in that mower if you bought it an then sold it after 3 years would be $6500. Even if you spent $1500 in maintenance costs in that 3 years of ownership, you total investment would still be only $8000, that's $1000 less than leasing.

Now I don't go to Weingartz, nor do I know anything about this program, but what all do they cover for repairs/maintenance? Do know for certain you don't have to pay for maintenance, will they cover the cost should you "blow-up" an engine? What about if you crack the deck, will they cover you then?

Sure, it'd be nice to have a new mower every year, but it just isn't economical to lease when you would spend significantly less money than just flat out owning a mower.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
So it's $3000/year to lease the mower. What would that same mower go for if you actually bought the mower?...$9000?

Lets do the math...a new mower costs $9000, that's the same price as leasing that same mower for 3 years. Now in that 3 years of leasing what do you have to show for it, absolutely nothing. But in that same 3 years of actually owning the mower, you would be able to sell the mower for probably $2500 at the end. So that would mean that your total investment in that mower if you bought it an then sold it after 3 years would be $6500. Even if you spent $1500 in maintenance costs in that 3 years of ownership, you total investment would still be only $8000, that's $1000 less than leasing.

Now I don't go to Weingartz, nor do I know anything about this program, but what all do they cover for repairs/maintenance? Do know for certain you don't have to pay for maintenance, will they cover the cost should you "blow-up" an engine? What about if you crack the deck, will they cover you then?

Sure, it'd be nice to have a new mower every year, but it just isn't economical to lease when you would spend significantly less money than just flat out owning a mower.
Yes they pay for all maintenance. If the mower blows up its not my fault! they replace it! As long as im not running over door locks!
This way i will put all the hours on their machine so the mower i bought last year would have low hours if i sold it in the near future!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Think about auto leasing too....they make a buttload off of the customer!

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 02-18-2011, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I personaly think that the leasing program at Weingartz is crap, and never would do it, I personaly have had good luck with buying equipment used from craigslist. I think the leasing program is set up for their bigger customers like United.
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leasing is a money maker for THEM,, Not YOU,, If it was in YOUR best intreset THEY wouldn't be doing it!

Gravely ZT XL 48" 24hp Kawasaki
Husqvarna 48" Belt drive W/ETS W/Pro-slide
21 White W/bagger
Toro 4 Stroke B/P blower
Toro Split shaft trimmer
assorted attachments 5x8 trailer
94 ECLB 6.5 K2500 Chevy ~ SnoWay 8ft plow
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Leasing is a money maker for THEM,, Not YOU,, If it was in YOUR best intreset THEY wouldn't be doing it!
All businessmen do what is in their best interest.

To lease, or not to lease, is a decision that can best be made with the assistance of your accountant. A business plan would also be a great help.

Oldtimer
Old 02-19-2011, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A nice lease option is a company called advance acceptance, which is really a rent to own deal, but the rates are low-so your not throwing dollars at a finance charge.