Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Best place to get uniforms/gear?

I'm wanting to put my guys in matching jackets and maybe pants during the cold weather. I already have shirts for them, but we don't look too professional in cool weather when they are wearing their own coats ect. Where is the best place to get them some gear without spending an arm and leg? Thanks for any comments!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just suck it up and buy carhartt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We've done well with www.queensboro.com
Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

queensboro is great. That is who I have been using. The best thing is all the deals. I get emails almost every day saying 50% off all items, 75% off all items, free jacket with 4 items, stuff like that. One of my favorite things is that after you place your order you can then go on the site and pick exactly what colors you want to use for embrodery on each item. For example I ofdered some grey fleeces and had my standard logo colors, a black fleece with the logo in white and ordered my girlfriend a new pink fleece with the logo in three different color purples. It all looks very custom and nice. Just have to be carefull, the items that are priced very cheap are a lower quality. But you can get higher quality from them too
Old 02-04-2011, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

check these out, they have pretty good stuff.

http://www.aramark-uniform.com/pfx/
Old 02-16-2011, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I just went through my local Cintas dealer. Quick and easy!!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

another thing with queensboro is that if you order from them and have me refer you first then you will receive an additional $20 off your order which can be combined with any other offer. I just placed another order the other day, 6 t-shirts, 4 polos, hoodie, fleece, rain jacket, and computer bag. Using two different logos in 6 different color combinations. I got all of this with shipping for under $150
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

GIA, Which t shirts and polos do you order from Queensboro? I'm thinking about getting my guys some dry-fit polos. It has to be something very lightweight but durable as we work in some extreme heat here. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like styles 1474, 1176 (adidas), 1160. I wear Polo's just abut everyday when working, I'll wear a company t-shirt if I know I'll be digging trenches all day. Everything on the site is saying 47%-75% off right now until 11:49pm Monday. If you decide not to buy anything right now, I would still set up an account with them and fill the shopping cart with anything you may like. You'll get an email from fred@queensboro.com offering you huge discounts after a few days on anything in your cart. Just check your spam, no matter what I do with my settings their emails always go to spam
Old 02-19-2011, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
I like styles 1474, 1176 (adidas), 1160. I wear Polo's just abut everyday when working, I'll wear a company t-shirt if I know I'll be digging trenches all day. Everything on the site is saying 47%-75% off right now until 11:49pm Monday. If you decide not to buy anything right now, I would still set up an account with them and fill the shopping cart with anything you may like. You'll get an email from fred@queensboro.com offering you huge discounts after a few days on anything in your cart. Just check your spam, no matter what I do with my settings their emails always go to spam

GIA, I just think you're supporting their company by yourself and their trying to make it fair!! From their first to every single one after that, their emails have NEVER made it past my inbox! Just placed 3 orders in the last 3 weeks. Really want to take advantage of that Presidential 78% off EVERYTHING, but then I'll be the best dressed Lawn Pro without a job!!