Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2011, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

shindaiwa t2500 vs t2510

i have read till my head hurts. What were the differences in these two models? By looking at the ipls there are some definite part number differences. So it must me some semi major improvements. Reason i was wondering was i recently picked up an early t2500. metal tank guard older decals etc.. then bought a newer looking t2500. Newer decals on shaft, plastic tank guard etc.. When i adjusted the valves on the older one it matched the service manual exactly. The newer one had a different coil and top dead center position on the flywheel was different from the older one. So right there was a few major differences. The older one doesn't sound like it revs as high and not quite as smooth. The newer sings, and just sounds different. The cowl sticker and engine series both suggest 2500. I just wondered if it could of been an early 2510 still badged 2500? and also the engine model number next to the engine serial number are different on the two? So at minimum it looks like i have an early version, and possibly a late version. So can anybody shed any light on the t2500 vs t2510?

Later!! chris
Old 02-25-2011, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

It's been a long time, but this is what I remember: I heard about the insulation between the cylinder and the carb is different. The old one overheat the carb and cause problem or something. I believe there is an upgrade kid for it.

trust my memory at your own risk, but that's the thing I remember.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a T2500 demo unit in the fall of 2003. By mid summer of 2004 it would not start. It was sent to Pace who was the Shindaiwa distributor at the time and they installed the T2510 upgrade kit. It has run ever since but still starts hard at times. I am attaching two pages of info on the 2510 Upgrade Kit contents, installation summary, etc. I also have another four pages of detailed installation instructions. I don't know a lot about it but this is what I have. I hope this helps.
Attached Images