Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2011, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It all comes up the same damn pipe, gasoline is gasoline!

It's all the additives at the tank farm that are different, big deal!

No Nox, Octane, Dri Gas, Hi Po, etc, etc, they are all additives!

I've never felt or seen any difference between Safeway, Giant, Sam's, Mom & Pop, Dothead Gas before!

Whoever is the cheapest, that's where I'm at!

Last edited by Clark Griswold; 02-25-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Probably gumed up because the holding tank was ****. Holding tanks in the ground deteroate and water leaks in. Bottom line is gas is all the same period. I have changed fuel filters on all my vehicles for years and never had one that was black or gumed up. Sure they were all colored a light tan. Fuel filters don't last forever. I buy from QT where I live because they are always the cheapeast and they are everywhere. But believe me occasionally mom and pop shops who don't gouge in alleged crisises will have lower prices because they don't play the gouging game and I glady fill up, by beer, and lotto tickets. As far as consumer reports goes don't believe everything you read. Ratings and rankings mean nothing. Consumer reviews are the best source of quality products, and I don't mean one or two reviews, I mean like 30 to get an accurate review.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Above ground tank and they sell a lot of fuel. And if some of you ever drive a car with a older mtr in it with higher compression you would know different. It might be the same in some of your areas but it is not around here. And it was Bio Diesel. And you act like the fuel filter was 10yrs old. Change mine twice a year!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Diesel is a different animal altogether. I drove a diesel truck for 27 years. Started using Howe's Lubricant, available at truck stops and auto supply stores about 20 years ago. Never had a filter ice up once while using the Howe's. It claims to "encapsulate" the water molecules so that they pass through the filter and are burned off. Don't understand the chemistry involved, but it seems to work. I wouldn't operate anything diesel without adding it, preferably year-round.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow an above ground tank at a fuel station. Sounds like Mayberry. Or did you use an above ground tank somewhere that had fueled delivered from a truck that got the fuel from a ground storage unit? or maybe it cam from one of those big ass white silos, or maybe from a refinery that piped it in? I have never seen an above ground tank except on farms and believe me where I live there are farms everywhere, west of me is bum **** Egypt. You say you change your filter twice a year. Does that help your gas milage, just curios. I may have to do that more often if it economically makes sense, although all my vehicles are under 50,000 except my 91 f 350 flatbed dually that never seems to die, knock on wood.

Last edited by GrassesGuy; 02-26-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats right above ground tanks. Just south of my house. Guess he didn't want to dig up the old tanks if you know what I mean!!!! And I change rear end grease, transmission fluid every 25,000. Air cleaners and fuel filters when my notes say to. Have a nice shop and guess i just like keeping my equipment, cars and trucks in good shape.
And on the fuel filter that looked bad my fuel mileage was going down and didn't seem to have as much power. Never every had trouble so I pulled it and about chit when I seen it. No more of that fuel for me, and its been 2yrs and everything is normal.