Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I pay around 4 500 per year for 1 million in liability and all equipment around 50k is covered. Had a small claim this year tho so well see. I use allied insurance
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2011, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Columbia Insurance group. My agent foud them or uses them. I don't know.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquityGreen View Post
I pay around 4 500 per year for 1 million in liability and all equipment around 50k is covered. Had a small claim this year tho so well see. I use allied insurance
Posted via Mobile Device
How good is your company on theft claims from small equipment?
Old 02-27-2011, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesimoes2 View Post
How good is your company on theft claims from small equipment?
I never had to make a claim on any equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We hae 1 million General liability, location coverage, auto coverageand it averages $275.00 per year per crew . In total it runs a little over $12,000.00 a year.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
We hae 1 million General liability, location coverage, auto coverageand it averages $275.00 per year per crew . In total it runs a little over $12,000.00 a year.
Who do you guys use?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

its a local only company elliot and associates and they have a provider but i dont know their name lol . i seen it one time after their old provider was in a lawsuit and i was notified of this ones name and i remember they were in kansas . sorry i can help .
Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

sorry i know its an old thread but i cant get state farm ins in mass. i just tried.they only offer it if i was already insured for something else through them. also what does the additional insurance on equipement cover thnks.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i pay 619 a year for 1 million coverage and i got three buisnesses on it drywall paint and landscaping and i have a 2 million claim limit. for commercial auto insurance i pay 920 a year with 500 000 coverage....? maybe a little high but cheapest around my part...
Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Look, I was in the insurance biz for almost 20 years before starting my LCO. While I know you are trying to find some answers about what is or isn't a good deal?, asking here what others are paying is misleading. With all due respect to you, the answers you receive here will have no bearing on what you are going to pay per year.

Insurance prices are based on so many variables that it doesn't matter what anyone else is paying, nor what CO they are using. You may go to the same CO that another operator uses claiming to pay only $300 a year and they will give you a quote that is twice as much!

Just an FYI for everyone here, what you pay is based on the following variables: your credit, location, sole prop. or corp., amount of employees, value of your gear, claims history, type of work you do, type of truck you drive, driving record of yourself, driving record of your employees, limits of liability, amount of gross receipts, payroll, type of benifits you offer your employees and the list goes on and on.

Asking another LCO what they pay for a year of insurance is the same as asking this question- "If I buy a red Mustang, how fast will it go?" The answers you get will all be different. The best thing you can do is find a large independent agent. I say independent because if you go to Nationwide, State Farm or any other agent that sells for only 1 CO, they can only give you one option. You can try these places for quotes, as they may or may not be cheaper than others, but make sure you also try an independent, as they normally sell for over 30+ CO's and have a lot more options.

By talking to 3 or more agents, you will be able to pick their brains and get answers to your questions. The other problem is that some agents only sell 3 or 4 commercial policies a year. This is NOT the person you want taking care of you. There are agents out there that only sell commercial policies and nothing else. They have experience and know what you need and do not guess as to what is best for you. If you were having heart surgery, do you want someone who does 100 of them a year, or a Dr. that only does 1 or 2 a year?. I hope you get my point?