Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:25 PM
bugsNbows bugsNbows is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 147
Whoa! New guy here

Another Ric too...ain't that awesome!? Just a brief intro though. I received my L&O Cert. in June of 1978 (yeah I know, old bastid). Got some degrees (Hort., Agronomy and Entomology), once owned a business, was a Mgr. at Dismal World for 11 years. Now I'm winding down a bit, but work with a good friend who also posts on here.

I love hunting (archery and firearm)... hence the name. Happily married, one SWEET 2 yr. old granddaughter.

Anyway Hi.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,243
Welcome
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,212
Hey man good to have another Florida cat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
Another Ric too...ain't that awesome!? Just a brief intro though. I received my L&O Cert. in June of 1978 (yeah I know, old bastid). Got some degrees (Hort., Agronomy and Entomology), once owned a business, was a Mgr. at Dismal World for 11 years. Now I'm winding down a bit, but work with a good friend who also posts on here.

I love hunting (archery and firearm)... hence the name. Happily married, one SWEET 2 yr. old granddaughter.

Anyway Hi.

Bugs

You got to be real old and Messed up to want to compare yourself to an Idiot like myself. But then You got your Certification 25 years before I did. Does your Cert say Dept Of Health instead of BECP??
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 PM
gregory gregory is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: southwest florida
Posts: 1,061
welcome aboard... nice to have another old timer here with some knowledge....

dont be so hard on yourself ric........
__________________
The Internet lets you be anything you wannabe except smart. Your stupidity will always come out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 AM
bugsNbows bugsNbows is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Bugs

You got to be real old and Messed up to want to compare yourself to an Idiot like myself. But then You got your Certification 25 years before I did. Does your Cert say Dept Of Health instead of BECP??
Yep. Dept. of H.R.S. / Office of Entomology, # 2523, signed by Andrew Rogers, 7/25/78.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
Yep. Dept. of H.R.S. / Office of Entomology, # 2523, signed by Andrew Rogers, 7/25/78.
Bugs

I have seen "one" of those up close in recent history, That is why I knew to ask. They are getting as scares as hen teeth now. I am more current history as in the Dr Sung era. I am sure you have some good stories about the old days.

BTW Your opinion on WDW, Now and Then maintenance wise??
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2011, 04:29 PM
bugsNbows bugsNbows is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Bugs

I have seen "one" of those up close in recent history, That is why I knew to ask. They are getting as scares as hen teeth now. I am more current history as in the Dr Sung era. I am sure you have some good stories about the old days.

BTW Your opinion on WDW, Now and Then maintenance wise??
Ah, WDW, I could write a book on that place. Years ago, it was fantastic. We were on the cutting edge, I had good technicians (although they were unionized which was a PIA), generous budgets (went over budget every year without consequence) and the over-riding theme was "good show, bad show"... anything to enhance the guest experience was o.k. As an example, I bought a $4500 microscope with a bifurcated goose-neck optical light, camera stuff and all was fine. That wouldn't fly now.

It's basically gone to hell. The bean-counters took over and now it's all about $ (especially saving such). I was the CO in charge (on the resorts side) and we had 56 techs running 24/7. Now the #'s are way down, and they outsource some roadway and less critical stuff. Many of the new hires (when they can fill reqs) are CT's (which mean Casual Temporary) and are one step above worthless.

Oh well, not my concern now. Between The Mouse House, Sea World, and Universal (I had some responsibilities at those parks when I was with another company) I've had enough tourist and theme park experiences...thank you very much.

Sorry for rambling. That's what old farts do.

Best Regards. Ric
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.09030 seconds with 9 queries