Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Dupont's new grub control is a lot lower in toxicity. Scotts is also using it in their grub control. I would avoid using any ester--the odor makes people think it is highly toxic.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Dupont's new grub control is a lot lower in toxicity. Scotts is also using it in their grub control. I would avoid using any ester--the odor makes people think it is highly toxic.
I know what you mean. I only use that in early/late fall for any hard to control broadleafs..usually clover. I usually only mix four gallons in a backpack sprayer and that can cover the whole property in spot treatment. i know what you mean about the smell though.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I'm curious why? I don't think I've ever used my boom sprayer on this account. Most weed control is performed with backpack sprayer and I often place dye to help identify where I sprayed. lots and lots of sidewalks that break up sections of turf, not to mention the gigantic building in the middle of the lot. its surrounded by three city blocks and a walking path on the one side...which I steer clear of.
The reason for this is to catch weeds that are not easily seen. Treating a whole lawn will get the weeds you cannot see when spot spraying. Those weeds you do not see will pop up a week or two later. The last thing I want to do on any lawn is to give the idea that I am constantly applying to it.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738