Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-29-2003, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

This is going really good. Great post.
If we gave our own people better wages they would take more pride in their work. In my area there is a shortage of properly qualified plumbers and electricians for example. Yes the labor rate is really high there because of reduced competition. IMO the glut of laborers in the Landscaping sector has something to do with lowering wages. My dad works on computers. the last year there has been a market glut of workers in this sector, and the wages plummeted 50%, thus making many bow out and go do something else, which probably will raise the wage again. There must be a balance in all this, but it is hard to see sometimes.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

and the winner of this debate is...................(opening envelope)...............BLUESTEEL!!!!!!!!!! congradulations man, :blob1: :blob3: :blob4: and our judgement is based on the fact that anyone who has anything to do with anything that is ILLEGAL,ILLEGAL,ILLEGAL,ILLEGAL,ILLEGAL, ... is a crimminal!! not to mention the fact that whinny little organic liberals from the left are a bunch of political loosers and their opinions really dont count. ~the scaper~
Old 04-07-2003, 04:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I think the key in all this is to realize that we can arrange it so that EVERYBODY WINS if we just enforce our borders and immigration laws, help our neighbors to the south improve their economic system, and realize that countries exist as seperate nation-states for a reason, and are not just random borders drawn on a map.

Cultural and social differences do matter. For example, in Columbia they fought wars against drug dealers for years who bombed innocent civilians by the thousands. But it was always tolerated, because they paid well. Do you think Americans would tolerate this? Pablo Escobar could walk around openly in Columbia for a time, with everyone knowing he was a mass murderer. Do you think he'd last long in NYC? Many of Central and South America's economic problems are of their own doing. They need to fix them. I'm willing to help. But they need to fix their countries, not just reside in ours. They're welcome to copy our system of law and hatred of tyranny and crime any time they want, free of charge.

allowing mass immigration helps only a relatively few aliens (and employers) , and condems the rest there to lives of poverty, while lowering wages and causing social problems here in the US. The very economic pressure (unemployment and resulting unrest) that is needed to effect change in these countries is being relieved by their sending us their unemployed. Nothing spurs on a revolution like mass unemployment because of a corrupt regime. Only when things get bad enough do people take up arms and act. I would rather see a revolution in Mexico now than one here in 20 years.

Vincente Fox uses us as his unemployment insurance plan. He should be stopped.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

you know what bruce...all the times that you and I have argued over things this is one thing that I have to totally agree on with you.

I have a serious question to ask you though. Why the heck aren't you writing like columns for newspapers because you have a heck of writing ability. Seriously, I am not making fun of it. You remind me of Ted Nugent. How you can basically make anybody eat their words? Its funny as heck how you put people in their place and they don't even know what hit them. Just thought that i would tell you that.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Suspended

Mexico, an access point for Terrorists? Naaaaa

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030407-892247.htm
Old 04-07-2003, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Dang I guess I am a criminal.