Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I have seen Villa and son around the area. I might be wrong. I went to Disney last year and the lawns looked amazing.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I thought I have seen Villa and son around the area. I might be wrong. I went to Disney last year and the lawns looked amazing.
Not sure about Disney, but has anyone in the Orlando Market noticed that you are not seeing Villa and Son as much so far this year? Seems like they were all around and then just vanished. Not sure if this could do with the Vally Crest and Nanak merge or what, but I am personally not seeing them as much.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrightday View Post
Ric Gleason?

BINGO. We have a winner!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Not sure about Disney, but has anyone in the Orlando Market noticed that you are not seeing Villa and Son as much so far this year? Seems like they were all around and then just vanished. Not sure if this could do with the Vally Crest and Nanak merge or what, but I am personally not seeing them as much.
Villa and sons are all over this year and last more than ever.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
BINGO. We have a winner!
Hey,, this is great,,good to hear from you Rick, You were one of the best managers there, you and Steve, before the hostile take over of resorts pest management by parks pest management,,but we won't even get into that here. Glad to hear your doing well. You'll be able to help many with your experience here on lawnsite.
www.YourLandscapePro.com
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Was just there this week place looks great. Did notice they spray painted the grass green at the entrance of magic kingdom around the flower mickey mouse sign. Not sure about the planting times but looked like a lot of fresh annuals had just been planted and alot of trees were blooming. The azaleas should probably pop in a week, they were just turning. I've never seen so many azaleas planted so close together to form large manicured mass plantings. Up north we kind of let them go a little more natural.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Villa and Son use to take care of the roadways around here. No more. Now USA Services does it. Have not seen Villa and Son like I did last year. You cant miss the blue and yellow. I cant remember what equipment Villa and Son used. John Deere has a posting that they switched over to Deere zero turns. Not sure about this.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
Villa and Son use to take care of the roadways around here. No more. Now USA Services does it. Have not seen Villa and Son like I did last year. You cant miss the blue and yellow. I cant remember what equipment Villa and Son used. John Deere has a posting that they switched over to Deere zero turns. Not sure about this.
Wait until the VC and Nanak merge finishes....it will be a sea of red.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigviclbi View Post
Was just there this week place looks great. Did notice they spray painted the grass green at the entrance of magic kingdom around the flower mickey mouse sign. Not sure about the planting times but looked like a lot of fresh annuals had just been planted and alot of trees were blooming. The azaleas should probably pop in a week, they were just turning. I've never seen so many azaleas planted so close together to form large manicured mass plantings. Up north we kind of let them go a little more natural.
Not sure that it is painted, but it is juiced to the max from what I can tell, the front areas are mowed with a 21 inch from what I could tell by the track marks.

azaleas are used in more formal form down here it seems than up north. You are correct on that.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigviclbi View Post
The grass surely may have been painted. We used to do that regularly...especially before photo shoots. We'd paint the grass green (with a latex turf paint) and paint the mulch brown. It was so "pretty"... just the typical Dismal fakery.