Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olcllc View Post
Ok, since I last visited DBI Services website in Oct or Nov 2010 it has changed because they did not have the three other divisions: Aquagenix, Alenza, and Lawn Specialties. Alenza is their chemical distributing division so i can see where it would be hard to compete price wise since they own the chemical company and distribute others as well. Talk about owning the market.
I hope they stay in the North East.
sounds like I'm screwed, Alenza makes the stuff, for Aquagenix to do the water apps, and Lawn specialties to do everything else....just dandy another TGCL but with more buying power because they make it themselves....just love this scenerio.....
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Turf

I believe the De Angelo Bros. Got their big start doing Rail Road Right Away Work all over the country. I have seen their little rail cars for spraying vegetation on Rail lines here in Florida.

But the Right Away, Aquatic and Storm drainage maintenance game is a biggie. Every Wally World, or Major shopping center property etc that is privately owned needs these service. Here in Florida it is the Storm water maintenance that is a big in the rainy season. Add in retention and detention ponds for weed control and you have a nice contract if you can get all the storm water licenses.

The Wally World Distribution center for all of South Florida is about 5 miles or so from my house. I approach them for the aquatic work on their retention ponds and got a quick education about the total Storm water maintenance program. I don't have the expertise or company resources to pursue that work. However I am sure it can be profitable.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.Ē John Wayne.