Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGauvreau View Post
Nice fleet you got there. In the 1st pic where your skid steer has a shrub in the bucket, seems those tracks will damage a lot of the nice lawn after no?
Surprisingly no. Its got a light foot print. + We put down sheets of plywood. Seems to work well.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Man you've got all the toys that I'd like to get (landplane). How do like the landplane attachment, I've been looking for one, right now I just use an Loegering eliminater rake on my skidsteer. Do you use the landplane for preparing yards for seeding and sodding or do use something else. I'd like to have a harley rake but their a little pricey and don't think I'd use it enough to jusify one.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear you about the older crowd becoming jealous of you.

I'm nothing like you, but I've experienced a little of that myself. Older, former neighbor of ours (nice guy, but trashy) with kind of a rinky dink lawn company has seen me coming up with legit equipment, truck, trailer, and clients. Not to mention my work is ffaaarrrr superior. (On a leaf job of his I saw he just mulched up the leaves in the lawn, didn't blow the concrete at all. Then he blew all the remaining leaves into the street and far down the street LOL) BUT ANYWAY, point being I have experienced some weird vibes from him and random other companys with older guys I pull up on. It's just kind of sad but in a weird way.

Anyway, keep it up. If you really want to be successful in 2011 trade in those damn fords for the real deal, Chevrolet
Old 03-06-2011, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey nice skid, and lettering
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Pride View Post
I hear you about the older crowd becoming jealous of you.

I'm nothing like you, but I've experienced a little of that myself. Older, former neighbor of ours (nice guy, but trashy) with kind of a rinky dink lawn company has seen me coming up with legit equipment, truck, trailer, and clients. Not to mention my work is ffaaarrrr superior. (On a leaf job of his I saw he just mulched up the leaves in the lawn, didn't blow the concrete at all. Then he blew all the remaining leaves into the street and far down the street LOL) BUT ANYWAY, point being I have experienced some weird vibes from him and random other companys with older guys I pull up on. It's just kind of sad but in a weird way.

Anyway, keep it up. If you really want to be successful in 2011 trade in those damn fords for the real deal, Chevrolet
I hope we're not like that some day. I'm going to do my best to try not to.
I've toyed with buying a GMC for a pick up truck but ehhh I don't know.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

everything looks good. i like the lettering it looks good on that truck. My mom has a house up in the cape, were in west falmouth.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nice clean office LoL Say how like your JD skid loader we thinking changing brands Are local dealer started to handle Skid loaders
Old 03-06-2011, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwerks View Post
Man you've got all the toys that I'd like to get (landplane). How do like the landplane attachment, I've been looking for one, right now I just use an Loegering eliminater rake on my skidsteer. Do you use the landplane for preparing yards for seeding and sodding or do use something else. I'd like to have a harley rake but their a little pricey and don't think I'd use it enough to jusify one.
So far so good. I haven't done a lawn yet but I have done 2 dirt roads and a horse ring. I just picked it up like last Thursday so I haven't had that may opportunity's to use it. I'v used the eliminator its not bad. My John Deere dealer treats me right so I went and ordered the landplane. Plus I think the eliminator is a little over priced for what you get. The landplane has a hydraulic ripper, 3 cutting edges and screen. A harley rake would be great but yeah its tough to swing 10 Gs for an attachment.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Nice clean office LoL Say how like your JD skid loader we thinking changing brands Are local dealer started to handle Skid loaders
what do you have now?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlandscapes View Post
everything looks good. i like the lettering it looks good on that truck. My mom has a house up in the cape, were in west falmouth.
Thanks! Falmouth is like another world to me haha. I think I find my self there like once a year maybe haha. Its a nice place though