Register free!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wish I was closer to you Ric. I've been wanting to get into spraying our own properties, since I can't find anyone up here who wants to work or put effort into getting quality results. Good luck with the venture.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
I follow this thread with great interest and a wee bit of skepticism. Good luck Ric.
Ric
Ric

I appreciate where you are coming from. This is by far not the first time Myself or Tim Smith offered this. We already know the response level. You have handled people. Some Do and some Don't get the point.

I am going to sweeten pot and offer to do a one day seminar on Chapters 5-E 14, 468, 482, 487 & 355 of Florida Pesticide Statues and the Markets that these different licenses cover. The goal is to give enough information that any person attending can get any one of many different pesticide license and make a living if they build a business in that direction. Now if I charge $ 25 a person and get 10 people to pay I might make minimum wage per hour for my time if I am lucky. Therefore let us see how many takers I get at $ 25. BTW I am not holding my breath waiting for the first response. But if by some chance I would get 10 people, I would do my best to make them feel like they got their money's worth. My Ego would Demand that I do a good job. Anyone interested apply by PM for a time and date yet to be decided.

mx315

Location seems to be a major problem. It is always people from Key West or Penscola that are interested. Sorry I have set the Boundarys I can cover and still feel I have some control. CYA Paper work alone is a head ache.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i know its made you mad when i do that. but i can answer those questions b/c of you and your help along with others from here.

well i got a job offer from the local cummins dealer to run there shop i will go talk money with them next week. got another job offer to run another shop for my old service manger but he's in GA and i didnt want to move up there...
Old 03-09-2011, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
i know its made you mad when i do that. but i can answer those questions b/c of you and your help along with others from here.

well i got a job offer from the local cummins dealer to run there shop i will go talk money with them next week. got another job offer to run another shop for my old service manger but he's in GA and i didnt want to move up there...
Karl

Good Luck on the Job front. I have been told a Diesel Mechanic can always find a job. But a Good Diesel Mechanic never has to look for a job because the jobs are looking for him. You have serviced your dues turning wrenches and know how to handle people naturally, I am sure there are several jobs wait for you.

BTW you don't make me mad when you answer questions every lawn boy should know. It does make feel bad that the industry I chose is full of so many Lame people who have to ask those question that a Homeowner is answering. But the same reason Cumming Diesels is after you is the same reason Lame Lawn boys have you answer their questions. You take the time and efford to learn the Subject matter.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.