Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2011, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm one of those guys that sees everything going on, but nobody knows anything about me.

I like it that way; I always have an advantage

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 03-10-2011, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Really? Because I'm pretty sure only about 10 members are familiar with me. I hide in the shadows, post irrelevant information, and nobody notices me.

Kinda like high school.
Did I really offend you ? Wasn't my intention. This is just one of those fun threads. I actually consider you one of the better members on here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_cut View Post

It's kind of hard to remain serious and post relevant information when every other posts is "how much would you charge for this job" or "how do I sharpen my blades"
Well we are on the subject...how much would you charge for mulch on a really big job and a patio thats like as long as the house and almost out to the pine tree in my picture.

You guys sharpen your blades?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Did I really offend you ? Wasn't my intention. This is just one of those fun threads. I actually consider you one of the better members on here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh no, sorry, I was being sarcastic, but reading back I could see how my post could be miscomprehended as non-sarcastic.

I'm really hard to offend

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 03-10-2011, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Well we are on the subject...how much would you charge for mulch on a really big job and a patio thats like as long as the house and almost out to the pine tree in my picture.

You guys sharpen your blades?
Well, since the mulch job is really big, I'd charge atleast $1,000, unless it's only kinda really big, then I'd charge exactly $750.

Since the patio is as big as the house, you should probably charge somewhere between $20,000 and $20,001.

Do you want me to send you my estimation sheet, and my advertising plan, and my business plan as well as my customer contract?

Oh and about the blades, if you put them on with the lift fins on top you need to sharpen them after every lawn or two.... but if you put them on upside down, the curve of the blade will push the grass down into the ground instead of pulling it up, therefore the blades don't actually cut as much grass, solving the problem of sharpening.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)