Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You might consider taking a Takeuchi TB153 or TB180 for a demo. These machines have the ability to load trucks like a fullsize excavator due to the ability to bring the boom right up along side the cab. It is an excellent truck loading machine. This design beats a typical swing boom design all day. You can also offset dig with out the machine getting pulled around like on a swing boom. After spending a full day on one its pretty hard to look at anything else.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

He didn't say anything about having a different modes. I think it only has one mode.....
It was almost sickening how slow it was. Like half throttle slow. and i had it cranked.
I mean Barge Man and I both ran it. We both thought the same thing. I about want to drive back down there and try it again make sure it wasnt a fluke.

The closest Takeuchi dealer is 2.5 hours away.........
Does seam like it has impressive specs though.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt/Dirt Man View Post
He didn't say anything about having a different modes. I think it only has one mode.....
It was almost sickening how slow it was. Like half throttle slow. and i had it cranked.
I mean Barge Man and I both ran it. We both thought the same thing. I about want to drive back down there and try it again make sure it wasnt a fluke.

The closest Takeuchi dealer is 2.5 hours away.........
Does seam like it has impressive specs though.

It runs as hard as you would expect it to after looking at the numbers. 2.5 hours away sucks. I have had two of the TB machines. The TB53 had 1500 hours when I traded (needed an EROPS machine) and never had an hour of downtime. I currently have a TB153 with 1500 hours and it has not had an hour of downtime. You may not need much dealer support.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt/Dirt Man View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

I have operated a 435 and while it operated like it should, the cab was terrible. A/C didn't cool the cab and it was small. I'm 6'5".
I have a 435 and one of the reasons I got it was the room in the cab. Rarely use the airconditioner but the heater works great. Hope you find a good one.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Deere makes a pretty mean machine. You may want to check out the 85d. They are FAST and smooth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2011, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Picasso I think the Deere dealer who you bought your 50 from told Deere Const. to pack sand on flooring any more const. equipment. I have not seen a mini ex since yours left and they have 1-2 skid steers at any one time. They used to have a yard full. There is a Deere dealer about 25 miles north that still has both a 50D and 60D. They have been sitting there since the 60 was released in 08 I think. I know a guy could get a killer price on it.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know for a fact that your right. They gave him a hard time for selling mine to me at cost and he just wanted to see it leave. They have a few locations that had 50's and 60's that are going dirt dirt cheap. I wish I could get a 333D at cost!!! I love how the dealers claim to make 2-3 percent on a sale.....come again I paid 48 for mine and the locale dealer wanted 71. I don't believe their song and dance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2011, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Member

I mean I wasn't trying to bash the 435, I just found it small in the cab and the a/c wouldn't even blow on my face. It operated really nicely. Smooth, had power. Just a tad small size wise.

I know, I thought about calling deere up.
Our luck and mine specifically, dealer and warranty support is critical lol More due to our crappy luck than anything.