Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sod companies new venture

Bethel Farms is now getting into the maintenance end of the business. http://harmonyturf.com/relax/
Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Bethel Farms is now getting into the maintenance end of the business. http://harmonyturf.com/relax/
Zturn

Only fault I can find is in the name. Bethel has Branded their name and should offer Lawn care under the Bethel Farms Name. With Construction way down the Sod Replacement Market is the only viable market for sod today. All sod replacement happen for a reason and Lawn care would be an easy up sell with a sod replacement. In my mind this is a NO BRAINER.

I think this is an excellent Business model and tried my best to talk your neighbor into doing the same a long time ago. Back when things were Booming I was a silent Partner in Professional Sod Service. My partner hit Burn out just before Charlie and we ended up dissolving the company. We were making great money from Patch work or re-sods. But the work load on my partner was too heavy and after 7 years he wanted out. Maybe just as good because now the Big Boys are going after the same sod replacement market that we did so well in because of the big boys not going after that market section.

BTW Bethel Farms can now offer guaranteed sod replacement with a service contract, and charge more money. I really feel vertical marketing is the way to go and did Vertical marketing of all services at one time before Hurricane Charlie.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am wondering if the name choice may have something to do with thier marketing agreements with Home Depot and Lowes.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
I am wondering if the name choice may have something to do with thier marketing agreements with Home Depot and Lowes.
Zturn

You have looked into selling to Home Cheapo Green products, the same as everyone has. Home Cheapo doesn't use vaseline and they don't stop. Could be Bethel Farms want to isolate the two from each other. I had Trademark problems with Lawn Doctor and was sued. So I guess they are looking at a bigger picture.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.