Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went threw a guy out of town the last 2 yrs. did a mailing about 40k cost about 12k never do that again, for this year i'm getting postcards done with plan-it graphics "they look real nice" and I'm going with a local company
36' Wright Stander
32' Wright Stander
Redmax Blowers
Shindawia Trimmers
Old 02-26-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright5223 View Post
I went threw a guy out of town the last 2 yrs. did a mailing about 40k cost about 12k never do that again, for this year i'm getting postcards done with plan-it graphics "they look real nice" and I'm going with a local company
you paid $40,000 wow that's a huge number to invest....that's $3.30 a piece.....did it generate much revenue
2010 Ford F 150 Super Crew 4X4
2011 Walker MTefi 26hp 52"
2013 Wright Sentar Sport 36"
2013 Wright Sentar X 52"
2014 New Holland T4050 95 HP Tractor/blower
2013 New Holland T5050 95 HP Tractor/blower
2012 New Holland T5050 95 HP Tractor/blower
2011 New Holland T4050 95 HP Tractor/blower
Old 02-26-2011, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Read the post again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2011, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe he mailed out 40 thousand and it cost him 12 thousand...If I read it right.

I am going with one of the companies similar to val-pack.
I will get a flyer with coupons if I choose, full color, mailed to 50 thousand homes for somewhere in the 1300 dollar range per mailing. Some will get to multi family homes, none to businesses, but the business people have to live somewhere, right?

When it boils right down to it, it will cost me the same as a phone book ad I had last year which brought in very little business and bunches of calls from areas out of my service range or from people looking for a job.

This is an experiment for me this year. I will have competition from 2 other local companies that do fert apps only, no maintenance.

First mailing will be hitting mailboxes last week in march. A tad late because I missed the first mailing which hit boxes 2 weeks ago.
Greensboro NC
Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Sponsor

Hi Lawnsite Members! Have you heard of our innovative Stick-It Postcards & Band-It Stick-It Door Hangers? They are a cost effective way to keep your advertisement in the customers view. Our post card mailings are as low as $0.27 each including postage - full color printing - 9x6 size & Stick-It®.

We have great start up specials on our products and even offer free CUSTOM design services on some of our specials! (No hidden costs – talk to a live customer service rep – lots of Lawn & Landscaping designs to choose from as well as custom design services)

We also have these special offers on our Stick-It® Door Hangers -

5,000 only $295 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
2,500 only $189 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING & STICK-IT INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

www.AdeasPrinting.com/door-hangers
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com
Old 03-14-2011, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Using a company that does direct mail specific to my area, I paid $0.04 each for a 10k piece mailing. All guaranteed (as good as that is) to owner occupied single family homes. They have a map and I can pick out which zone I'd like to hit. There are discounts for multiple zones and multiple mailings.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Blades View Post
Using a company that does direct mail specific to my area, I paid $0.04 each for a 10k piece mailing. All guaranteed (as good as that is) to owner occupied single family homes. They have a map and I can pick out which zone I'd like to hit. There are discounts for multiple zones and multiple mailings.
can i get this companies name?
If they are doing post card direct mailing, printing and mailing for .04 cents per piece, that is less than 1/9th the cost of adeas.

Where is this company out of? I will purchase 25,000 post cards from them if they can give me that price.

hec, i will purchase 50k post cards and mail 5 times to 10k houses.

That would be only 2,000 dollars and 10k people would see your name 5 TIMES!!!!!!

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
can i get this companies name?
If they are doing post card direct mailing, printing and mailing for .04 cents per piece, that is less than 1/9th the cost of adeas.

Where is this company out of? I will purchase 25,000 post cards from them if they can give me that price.

hec, i will purchase 50k post cards and mail 5 times to 10k houses.

That would be only 2,000 dollars and 10k people would see your name 5 TIMES!!!!!!
What he is doing is just like I am. it is a MAILER. Envelope with coupons and ads inside from a group of businesses that would like to send in your "zone"

You pick where you want it, and you pay for those 10,000 single family home mailers. My cost for 50,000 homes is 3 cents per home.

They claim that they pull out most of the multi residences and businesses as they refine their list.

you will NEVER get direct mail at that price. These companies print in volume, mail in volume, and get good rates for doing it. Some people never see the coupon because they just throw it away as junk mail.

Its a gamble, but im not in the phone book this year.
Greensboro NC
Old 03-14-2011, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Personally, I think the Val-pak or marriage mail type solutions are a waste. Sure they're cheap but you end up in a pile of 20-50 other marketers.

I've seen a few places in town partner with another non-competitor, preferably something related like dog waste clean-up. They split the cost of the direct mail and split the "ad space".

Depending on if you're purchasing your own mailing list or using the mail-houses list, and depending on quantity, I'd estimate that a post-card mailing is going to cost around .27 - .36 per piece.