Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Roll-on bed liner...

I got my trailer pulled out today, after being tarped all winter. I have a couple spots on the trailer that seem to be hit by stones frequently while driving, so they have a fair number of chips in the paint. I would just use touch up paint for those spots, but I'm going to be touching up those spots 2-3 times a season if I just stick with paint, it would be a losing battle.

So today I got to thinking that I could always just use a roll-on bed liner like Herculiner for these spots. I'd make it even on each side and tape it off real nice so the finished product looks great. It seems to me that the bedliner would hold up and I wouldn't have to keep touching it up.

I would just do line-x but its really not worth it just to drive my trailer 30 minutes away, drop it off for half a day then drive back up to pick it up. Between fuel and cost of line-x, I'd probably spend $100+. I found out that my local AutoZone carries Herculiner, so I can just drive into town pick up the small can of it for $29.99 and do it myself.

Anyone have experience with these "do it yourself" roll-on bed liners???
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds