Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
I have a question. Can you move to Pensecola and live there for the next 3 years and have this guy "work" under you and get his time in? If so, the system is flawed. Same as the Chemlawn "Pros" who work under someone on their license. The law is flawed, and that fact is plainly obvious.
Scott

The laws not flawed in any way or shape. It is designed so people can work with an experience applicator and learn the tricks of the trade. As a general rule you don't see Florida CPO asking the same dumb questions you see other state's CPO asking because they have training. Florida is the bug capital of America and as such we don't want every Tom Dick & Harry applying toxic chemicals without some kind of training

If in fact the pesticide license in Florida was given away in cracker jack boxes like the rest on the states, Florida CPO's would be low balling price just like the Yankees do. Hello we get $ 15.00 a thousand they are lucky to get $ 5.00 a thousand for the same work.

Yep you have to work for it, but the reward is a more income for less work than cutting grass. Sorry But the average Yard Boy doesn't have what it takes to get there. Maybe that why they are Yard Boys.

PS. I have offered to train people and get them a commercial pesticide license, so don't blame me. The same Yard Boys who ***** about the law are the same Yard Boys won't take me up on helping them get a license.

BTW WHY do I have to move to help you??

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
I have a question. Can you move to Pensecola and live there for the next 3 years and have this guy "work" under you and get his time in? If so, the system is flawed. Same as the Chemlawn "Pros" who work under someone on their license. The law is flawed, and that fact is plainly obvious.
Scott

While I want to believe you are joking, the more I think about your request for ME TO MOVE TO HELP YOU, the madder I get. It represents the attitude of selfish Yard Boy who expects everything to be handed to him for free. Then you Complain about the Law because it doesn't let you skate by with no effort on your part. How is this not like the people on welfare and food stamp who just slide by on government hand out.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Tallrick

ONE MORE TIME PEOPLE, PLEASE UNDERSTAND IT THIS TIME. IF YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND IT THIS TIME. Then LIVE WITH IT BECAUSE I DON"T MAKE THE LAWS I ONLY TRY AND LIVE WITHIN THEM.

The 3 year Requirement to sit for the test is there to be sure the Irrigation Contractor knows his stuff. The same as the Pesticide test. I have tried to explain over and over again it is not the Theory of Irrigation or Plumbing that makes it hard. It is the Thousand different Manufactures that make the same fixture. As a Licensed Irrigation contractor you are expected to be able to repair an other contractors work. Also there is a Plumbing Code that must be followed if the system is to pass inspection.

seems to me that the test ought to be what makes sure the contractor knows his stuff.

after all, that IS what tests are for...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoat View Post
seems to me that the test ought to be what makes sure the contractor knows his stuff.

after all, that IS what tests are for...
I thought that too, but evidently that is not the purpose. Give the tests free of charge and after passing the written sections then have the person work on a few systems. This is not brain surgery or rocket science. In the building industry the ultimate judge of workmanship is supposed to be the inspector, so it should not matter who does the work. But we know that licensing is really to limit competition and increase profits. If the tests were too hard many current contractors would be out of business. It is also to bring revenue to government and to the well connected educational industry.