Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Sponsor

Gateway

Do you use a payment gateway, is it Authorize.net?

Buy Sell & Trade Lawn & landscaping route accounts. The online market place for route accounts.
http://Tradeyouraccounts.com
http://facebook.com/ServiceRoutes
http://twitter.com/ServiceRoutes
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Our gateway is integrated into our system. We do not use a third party gateway like Authorize.net.

This is one of the ways we can offer lower rates because we do not have to pay monthly gateway fees.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

We are happy to announce that we just completed an update to our website, and are now offering the ability for you to opt out of receiving monthly statements.

We have gotten numerous requests to add this feature, and allow our clients the ability to choose whether they want to receive statements and pay the $9.95 per month statement fee.

During the sign up process simply choose which option you would like. If you choose not to receive monthly statements you will still receive instant email notifications once you receive a payment.

At LandscapePayments.com we strive to continually improve our services based on the needs of our clients. We hope that you will all benefit from this improvement, and look forward to continually working with the landscape community.

If you have any questions concerning this please feel free to contact me.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Why would someone use your service, as opposed to a service like Intuit Go Payments, that has no monthly or statement fee (I do get statements), and a 2.7% rate with a .15cent transaction fee, with the ability to accept payments in the field with a free mobile card reader?

What are the advantages/disadvantages. I might be interested in the plan without the statement fee if you drop the signup fee (which after recently shopping around I can tell you noone does anymore.)
Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello LushGreenLawn,

Services such as Intuit's GoPayment is a great service for mobile companies who can receive payments immediately after you complete your services. There are probably more situations than not where your clients are not home during the day after you complete their service.

You do have the ability to key in transactions, but you will receive a higher transaction rate of 3.7% with GoPayment. Also, GoPayment only allows you $1000 per month before charging you a monthly fee.

LandscapePayments.com gives you an online solution allowing your clients to pay their invoices saving you time and money not having to process transactions yourself. You do have the ability to key in a transaction through your own payment page as well.

There are a lot of companies that do not charge a set up fee if you receive a terminal to accept credit card payments. However, what they don't tell you upfront is many companies charge a yearly terminal lease fee in upwards of $100 or more per year. Also, if you are interested in an online solution you have to pay a programmer to set that up for you which will cost upwards of $1000 or more, and there will be a setup fee for your gateway usually $50-$100 depending on the merchant you choose.

So there are many advantages to use LandscapePayments.com.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Been in business for many years and my motto is "You no pay, I no cut". No credit cards Cash form new customer's and checks from old customers.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Any chance of dropping the convenience fee for customers? I've never seen a merchant bank charge this? Even the cable and phone companies have dropped convenience fees as long as you pay online like you are proposing.

I'd like the ability for my customers to make their own payments without me having to set up my website for it, but would need to drop the signup fee and convenience fees for me to do it.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn View Post
Any chance of dropping the convenience fee for customers? I've never seen a merchant bank charge this? Even the cable and phone companies have dropped convenience fees as long as you pay online like you are proposing.
I agree. I pay all of my bills online, phone, Directv, elec, credit cards, doctor bills etc. and I don't pay any convenience fees. There is a C fee involved with paying my property taxes but I just send them a check in the mail. The funny thing is though, instead of buying one stamp and envelope at a time, I buy them by the box and book. I don't even have to go to the post office to buy the stamps. Our mailman will leave them in the box if I order them that way.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, at this time we can not eliminate the convenience fee.

Other merchants may not charge convenience fees, but make you responsible for paying other fees to further make money.

Mr. Martin chooses to send a check to pay for his proerty taxes instead of paying the convenience fee. Why not give your customers the same choice? Yes, of course we could buy envelopes and stamps in boxes and books, whether ordered online and delivered, or physically buying them. However, there are many people that don't do either and choose to pay invoices with convenience fees.

We have priced our product extremely competitively. You receive your own domain and dedicated webpage. That in itself is worth hundreds of dollars. There are not many companies that can offer what we do simply because there will always be fees associated with it (i.e. gateway setup fees, programming fees, hosting fees, domain fees, etc.)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't want to go off on a rant hear but.... I spent a few minutes on the website and noticed right away some things that concerned me deeply. I could not find the physical address of landscapepayments. In other words the location of where I could psysically find them. I also couldn't find any-ones full name in the contact area.
Then their is the lack of phone numbers, that makes me wonder if they are registered with the BBB?. They are handling other peoples money are they personally bonded or does the business name hold a insurance bond. The only name anywhere I found on the site is some guy named Jason, Also I could not even find the state that landscapepayments is operating from. Before I would ever ever authorize my clients to pay some guy I don't know named Jason from god knows where, so he can just turn around and pay me a week later after collecting a weeks worth of interest on my thousands of dollars on top of his fees and the monthly statement fee.
it's just me but, I would require a more significant amount of information on them then they are providing. First impressions are key hear especially when we are dealing with large amounts of money. besides all of the above landscapepayments needs to drop the mention of convenience fees. Charging for monthly statements? That is a marketing 101 mistake. Becouse even the mear mention of that is a deal breaker for me I do not want email attachments contain my statements, disclosing that fee openly and freely is diminishing your service and sounds like a cheap money grab to a money savy person like me if you need that amount to cover operations it should be priced right to include it spread across every account you service. Don't get me going on the convenience fees. Convenience fees, well they need to be left to those tiny no name atm machines you see in shady areas of town and scuzzy gas stations. This is just my opinion and should be treated that way....