Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-09-2003, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Just Starting Out

HELP,
Well, I have just started out in the lawn business. I presently have no clients, just an idea in my head. I was wondering how some of you guys started out. How do you begin getting your company out there (advertising) ?? Pricing ?? How does one go about getting a business contract??Whats the standard form of a business contract?? Is it worth the money to get insurance?? Any valuable information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much
ashlee
Old 04-10-2003, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, you're on the right track by stopping by Lawnsite. Your questions can only really be answered by you. There are so many options and things to do that no one can really answer your questions in a manner that you'll find helpful.

If you find that you have a question about a specific topic use the "Search" feature and look up "Contracts", "Advertising", etc. Read all the previous posts about these topics. By reading all the back ground info you'll be better able to ask a more specific question based on what you've learned from reading.

Everyone starts at the same point and it begins with your first customer. Good luck getting started!