Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2011, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

One's that chap my butt are the pool maintenance guys. They carry jugs full of pool chemicals (like chlorine, muriatic acid, etc.) in non (or poorly) secured open trailers, SUV's, station wagons, etc. An accident waiting to happen.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
bugsNbows

YES BUT that Idiot has the power to make your life miserable.
Amen to that statement.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Mark

The only thing worse than a G D Yankee is a smart A$$ed G D Yankee. OK so it is COMMERCIAL Drivers License not Certified. I realize living in the frozen Tundra in the winter with all that Light Deprivation cause people to go stir crazy. But please do it somewhere else, this is not the Oprah Show.
Why thank you.

I'm far from stir crazy though, although crazy might fit. I love snow, dark and cold.

Quote:
Never fails to amaze me how simple things can amuse simple minds. Do you guys get to park in the Handicapped parking section at the Special Olympics???
And I thank you once again. As a matter of fact....................
Old 03-18-2011, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Simple Eh? Like thinking that a Pesticide cert is a HazMat endorsement?
Huffer

And you guys call Southerns Slow.

You Yankee Fools must really have Cottage Fever and be Stir Crazy that you won't leave the Florida HazMat Certification alone and chase it from one thread to another. One of you claimed to be a 15 yr old girl from South Beach. IMHO the age seems appropriate for your actions. The Florida HazMat certificate is not a DOT Endorement. It is a state and EPA certification that lets you clean up your own spills legally. It shows you have had the proper training to not contaminate yourself or others.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The Florida HazMat certificate is not a DOT Endorement. It is a state and EPA certification that lets you clean up your own spills legally. It shows you have had the proper training to not contaminate yourself or others.
You think you would know the difference between a Hazwoper certification and a HazMat certification .... you know, given you are certified and all.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
You think you would know the difference between a Hazwoper certification and a HazMat certification .... you know, given you are certified and all.
Kiril

How many time do I have say this???

The cert I have is for attending a 4 hour Seminar of Spill Response given by a Chemical supplier but sanctioned by the state of Florida. It allows me to legally clean up smaller spills that I might have. It is not a OSHA or DOT certification.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Kiril

How many time do I have say this???

The cert I have is for attending a 4 hour Seminar of Spill Response given by a Chemical supplier but sanctioned by the state of Florida. It allows me to legally clean up smaller spills that I might have. It is not a OSHA or DOT certification.
Congrats on being certified........
Old 03-19-2011, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I see. So you don't really have FL Hazmat certification or endorsement, but rather you complete a CEU spill response course for your pesticide applicators license. Well, then that explains why you don't know the difference between the two.