Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2011, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef200098 View Post
I always think all these lowballer posts are funny. I guess its different in every part of the country, but any customers would LAUGH at someone that came in at a rediculous price. I almost always win bids. Go meet the customer, nothing over the phone. Talk to them, listen and then respond.

Its basic people skills, and its sad, but most people dont have it anymore. People are buying a SERVICE, not a commodity. Once you make yourself a commodity, you will be fighting price wars with everyone. Do a great job, dont rush. 5 minutes isn't going to make or break you. If the customer is home knock on the door and say hi when you get there. Drag thier trashcans off the street if they are there. Put the newspapers on the front door step. All of these LITTLE things will make thenm desire you personally, vs just wanting their grass cut.

Its not hard, if you are so busy that you can't stop and do the little things, then work an extra day.

Mike
Cardinal Lawn Care.
well put but remember if the custermer is home and you bring a new helper with you take the time to introduce them
Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajslands View Post
Walmart makes money and they charge less than the local supermarket.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your comparing apples to oranges. A business has to have the resources and size to be able to offer goods and services at discounted rates. Walmart has enough money to do anything, local scab lowballer is just a temporary business.

When they can buy a million cases of product compared to a local store who can only but 20, that's where the savings come in.

I've said it before, if the lowball scabs are your competition, you've got bigger problems
Posted via Mobile Device