Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm licensed to kill weeds....but killing grass prolly wouldn't be a good idea! And I don't actually have any accounts in sesser. 4 years ago my boss bought out Sunrise property maintainance. thought about changing it to sunrise lawn maintainance since i want to focus more on mowing and the occasional bush trimming and not do full service landscaping.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what's a "wal-mart" when you think about the name it's sorta strange huh... how about Wendy's.. burger king..... McDonalds... all these huge companies that everybody knows the name of have some strange but really simple names huh.

What I'm trying to say is, choose a simple name that you like and stick with it, let your name be defined by your work... McDonalds doesn't tell you anything about the business, but I bet you sure know quite a bit about it.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_cut View Post
what's a "wal-mart" when you think about the name it's sorta strange huh... how about Wendy's.. burger king..... McDonalds... all these huge companies that everybody knows the name of have some strange but really simple names huh.

What I'm trying to say is, choose a simple name that you like and stick with it, let your name be defined by your work... McDonalds doesn't tell you anything about the business, but I bet you sure know quite a bit about it.
I always though that too, also do you see any multi millionaire company using a big name? No, usually it is very short, so that people can remember, instead of using 2+ words in your company name.
Complete lawn care services
Old 03-24-2011, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

How about "Not Oak Hill Contractors"
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
How about "Not Oak Hill Contractors"
I think we've found a winner!
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-25-2011, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would keep it short so the people don't have to write out all those letters when they write check and address the envelope. Who about "Walker Enterprises"
Old 03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

does the company already have a solid customer base? I know you said the owners use the name for something else, but maybe you could work something out with them to keep the name, or change it just a LITTLE bit when you formally register it, so like [your last name]'s Oak Hill Contractors or something. It would be unfortunate if you took a well-known company in the area and changed the name. By keeping that name you're getting the publicity, recognition, and reputation (hopefully a good one) and thats a HUGE step to start off with all that.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How about ? Executive property Maintenance, or ??? Oak Hill Estates ? Or "your last name" landscape contractors, Resicomm services ??? Sorry this is why my company name sucks.. LOL.
My original name I made up and they wouldnt let me use it when I went to incorporate cause it was " generic " ?? it was a made up word ? SO I had to change it., new lettering, business cards letter heads, etc. Check with your state or a lawyer to find out what if any special requirements there are for naming a business under diffenrt entities so that you dont have to change again as you grow. Best wishes.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think most multimillion dollar corporations with short names are actually abbreviations , ex IBM, or MFS or Qualcomm, etc. so you could have Oak Hill Lawn care and make it OHL landscape services, or something like that ?
Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How about Lawnscapes? or lawn enforcement?

Tags
business name , company name , logo