Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2011, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackgrass View Post
Show me a study that shows topdressing + fertilizing decreases SOM in grass sites.
Already presented a study that is potentially relevant in any managed system, including turf grass. How about you read it and the ~ 170 citations before you post again. Furthermore I never said it wouldn't lead to an increase in SOC as you are inferring ..... I said you can't assume it will lead to an increase as you stated. Why exactly is it so hard for you to admit the possibility exists, especially given the study I linked? With all your "experience", why haven't you learned to not speak in absolutes when discussing biological systems?

Quote:
That is all you would have to, seems simple doesn't it?
Can you point me to a turf grass research project with same time range of data as the Morrow plots?

Quote:
Like I said, over 300 square miles of revegetation work using compost alone, or with various fertilizers has proven to me that fertility plays a huge part in raising SOM levels in grasses. I know for a fact that plots receiving just compost raised SOM levels less so than plots receiving compost + fertilizer.
Still waiting on those scientifically rigorous studies you performed that validates this and your claim that a top dressed OM + synthetic N will (always) lead to an increase in SOC, per your continued argument here.

Quote:
You can fight this from your desk by using examples of anything but grass studies if you want, but its clear as day you have nothing but jealousy and arrogance to display at this point.
Hmmmm, all because I understand that A + B does not necessarily lead to C.

OK Quack, I guess we are done here.

OH and BTW Bill and Barry .... take note of your boy and his forum etiquette.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

45 years isn't enough huh?

https://www.agronomy.org/publication...racts/94/4/930
Old 03-25-2011, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
See comments posted on this already linked study. Furthermore, this study does not even come close to representing a controlled research facility such as the Morrow plots.