Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2011, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The humorous thing about this same dealer who screwed me on my Koritz power pruner once sent a 'salesman' to one of my large area grounds mowing gigs. Dude is out walking around, getting in the way and finally the foreman calls me.
I show up and this guy proceeds to tell he how much better JD mowers are particularly the stand on units than my Gravely's and during all of this I am getting the feeling I have met this jackwad before. I finally remember this chinless wonder was the ex shop tech that had abused my pruner but it got even better - I ask the guy who actually manufacturers the JD stand on unit and of course he says JD.
I flag one of the guys down who stops next to the JD stand on and guess what - except for paint it was the same exact machine. I ask again and the guy is just staring at the two mowers. Apparently he had never heard of Auburn Industries or the fact A.I. was bought by Dan Ariens the owner of Gravely.
I decided to put the guy out of his misery and tell him to get lost don't bother me again. Incredibly he didn't remember the incident with the pruner and when I reminded him a 'deer in the headlight' look comes over him and he starts looking around for is truck. He then turns as says he'll call on me but I said again no thanks - if you are too effing stupid to understand the mowers plus being a jackwad about the pole pruner I'd rather stick my johnson in a light socket with the electricity turned on than talk to him again.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post
If you have the serial and model number information simply tell the dealer to replace the mower with a free one at no cost to you or you'll file a stolen property report.

I have had something like this almost happen to me once. Local Echo dealer 'lost' my pole pruner that was in for warranty work. I said no problem I'll just file a stolen property report and you can give me a new pole pruner. By the time the S.O. got there to take the report the pruner was found - in an employee's truck. It was beat all to hell and had obviously been abused. I tried speaking with the owner of the shop and was told basically 'tough crap'. I did get the pole pruner back and literally on the first job it broke again. When I brought it back to the only Echo repair center which was the same shop I was told the unit was not covered under warranty since it showed signs of abuse. So I said forget you guys and started a change over to all Stihl units. Over $75K dollars later the Stihl dealer who is also my primary equipment dealer and has been since this event from twelve years ago is happy with my business and I am very satisfied with his support. And the dealer who screwed me - their business is dying more each year and I say good riddance.
I wouldn't have accepted it and made them replace it with a new one. If that happens DO NOT TAKE IT OFF THERE PROPERTY!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
I had a dealer lose my 72" Exmark once upon a time. Went to pick it up and it was gone.

They ended up giving me a Kubota 72" loaner until we decided what to do. Stuck with Exmark. A month or so later, some guys were mowing next door with a 72" diesel Lazer, they thought it strange, because mine was one of 2 or 3 in the area, so someone ran down to take a look at it and guess what, the S\N matched my "lost" one. One guy calls the cops, 2 others head down with their trucks to block them in and while this is happening, these idiots take it off their trailer and attempt to leave it. They then claimed the boss bought it a week or so previous and they knew nothing aboot it.

Now comes the interesting part. Dealer says come pick it up and drop off the new one, I say I don't think so, your insurance bought me this new one. He says, we didn't turn it into insurance because of some other claims. I say, too bad. This goes on for a few weeks, I try meeting them in the middle by suggesting they sell the old one, subtract that from the new one's cost and we split the rest of the new one in the middle because THEY lost my mower. They didn't like this idea either. They couldn't even figure out why they should sell the new one at COST. My reply always was "YOU LOST MY MOWER". (BTW, they had had several items go missing in the past, the area was not secure and no security around their yard)

Finally ended up suggesting they perform a full service on my stolen mower, new drive tires because the idiots who stole it ran them flat and destroyed them and they replace the belt shields on the deck that were now missing. He didn't think this was their responsibility either. My response?

You guessed it: You LOST my mower.

Flaming idiots that couldn't see past the end of their noses. They had done a fantastic job of doing the right thing up until the old one showed up. Then these short-sighted idiots screwed it up from there on out.
wow...if my mower was stolen i wouldn't take it back...who knows what hell it has been put through by the guys that stole it
Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Received a call today that they found my mower. They tell me it has been done for some time and was in the back in storage. I hope this is the end of the saga.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Feet Lawn View Post
Received a call today that they found my mower. They tell me it has been done for some time and was in the back in storage. I hope this is the end of the saga.
Hey I noticed that you are in the Rochester area. Was this dealer Lakeland Equipment?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnCareNoobie View Post
Hey I noticed that you are in the Rochester area. Was this dealer Lakeland Equipment?
The Brockport store.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Member

LOLs..funny how guys that strive to do business right and keep the custom happy have to deal with jackwagon crap like this...harley dealer lost MY ULTRA for a few hours...want to talk about pissed...Told the guy..ok, I'll take THAT one..pointed at the new one on thte floor...the found my bloody bike.
Needless to say I won't be back.