Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icex View Post
I have a problem with a new guy in town.. stealing all my work and tearing down every damn sign I got. I figured, hell, lets try a sign he CAN'T touch.. a bill board!

The advertiser offered me a advertisement for $300 bucks a month, plus a one time fee of $150 for the cost of the advertisement. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if it is effective?
There is a landscaper around here that has billboards all over town. I would say its effective, anything that gets your name out there is good.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Honestly, I can't remember what the last billboard on a road looks like or what they where selling. I'd think it would just get ignored as most drivers are focused on just driving.
well to be honest most drivers are usually focused on their radio, cell phone, cd player, other ppl in the car.....and then oh ya driving. But a good catchy sign or an ad for something that people are needing or are interested in can always catch someones attention.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The effects of this are much larger than someone seeing your ad on a billboard and calling it right away.

It goes to name recognition, it shows success, it increases you brand value. I have people tell me all the time that they see my trucks all over town. I have had 3-5 trucks over the years with my name on them. Hardly a lot compared to the 80-100K people who live in my primary service area. But if your ad looks good and is eye catching people will remember it.

People will see the ad on the billboard and when they need something done and they start researching who to call they then see you on the net or in the yellowpages you will get the call. They will (maybe not even conciously) remember your ad or it will appear familiar and you get the call.

If you can get a billboard that cheap I would do it in a second.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A billboard can be a good element of the marketing "Rule of Seven"- a prospect needs to see or hear your marketing message at least seven times before they take action and buy from you.

Of course you shouldn't just rely on a billboard, and KSSS is correct that it's all about your "brand awareness and equity".