Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I feel lucky for sure. The phone is starting to ring off the hook, and last weekend I did a carb job on a down mower. Got it done, fired it up, and did a victory lap. If I drank bud light, I would have opened one up and said "here we go"! But Im a Warsteiner man.

RIP SFC Hall, SGT Forest, CPL Pautsch.I will never forget you guys!

I am the Infantry! Follow me!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I feel lucky every day I open my eyes to see my wife and son. Lucky for having the work ethic and skills instilled by my father. Lucky for the ability to stand on my own two feet and make it through the daily grind. Whenever I think I am having a bad day I don't have to think hard to recall someone who has it much worse.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
This topic depends upon your worldview. For me, I have nothing to do with luck. Nobody has yet shown me any reason to believe in luck, or that luck has any power.

Having said that, I feel very blessed. My worldview is all about blessing, not anything to do with luck. I know the source of my blessing and that changes everything for me.

Being blessed has far more to do with working outside, hearing the sweet sound of an engine at work, or seeing grass clippings fly from the discharge chute. These might be fine, but are subordinate to so many other things. In the end, all the shuffling around with our earthly activities is a very minor piece of life. Making this shuffling a primary focus is to miss out what can satisfy, not which often frustrates.

If one has not spent time and effort to understand their worldview, and why, most likely they are adrift without an anchor, vulnerable to the whims of "tyranny of the urgent." I encourage everybody to come to grips with these issues first, then move on to the shuffling of the day-to-day tasks. It will put all your activities and relationships into proper perspective, not just the joy of riding your ZTR and enjoying the outdoors.
Well, you're right, I don't believe in "luck," I believe in blessings, but sometimes I use "luck" because it's more colloquial.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts