Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
stuntmanlogan's Avatar
stuntmanlogan stuntmanlogan is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Lol i love parking next to other trucks. I believe I am the only one here that brings their plow to school or even has a truck with a plow. I love the black ford btw.
Hey thanks man. Ive got a question for you. How does it work with you being in school. I read that you go to school a little ways away from where you live. I still go to college as well, I just turned 20. But my school is 3 miles away from my house. I figure you just drive back during the storms and then head back to school when your done pushing. I was just wondering. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 PM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post
Hey thanks man. Ive got a question for you. How does it work with you being in school. I read that you go to school a little ways away from where you live. I still go to college as well, I just turned 20. But my school is 3 miles away from my house. I figure you just drive back during the storms and then head back to school when your done pushing. I was just wondering. Thanks
I go to school exactly 50 miles from my house so its an hour drive. But I have it worked out pretty decently. I stay at school mon - fri but always have my schedule so I can leave here around noon on friday and mow friday and saturdays. I only plow for a HOA right now with my uncle who has been doing it for 15 years so I just go after class and they usually dont have a problem with it. It is roughly 40 miles from my school tho . Next year I am hopefully picking up a few larger commercial properties between my house and school. After storms I just head back to school but I do go through alot of gas and I spend a lot of time driving. But I figure it will be worth it after I get out and hopefully have a good clientele base already built. So now it sucks but i look to the future! If I get any jobs that are worth it I will come home in the week to do the job and just come back to school after. I also work with my uncle's landscaping company (he's a solo op too) sometimes in the week while I am at school because he is about half way between my school and house. Then on every other tuesday I leave school and go mow my largest commercial account all day. That is about an hour drive as well. In the summer all of my accounts are within 10 miles (with the exception of my large commercial)/ Although the driving sucks while I am in school I love the work and cant wait to be doing it full time!
__________________
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2003 F350 Superduty
1999 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
1998 6.5x16 Landscape trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 PM
stuntmanlogan's Avatar
stuntmanlogan stuntmanlogan is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
I go to school exactly 50 miles from my house so its an hour drive. But I have it worked out pretty decently. I stay at school mon - fri but always have my schedule so I can leave here around noon on friday and mow friday and saturdays. I only plow for a HOA right now with my uncle who has been doing it for 15 years so I just go after class and they usually dont have a problem with it. It is roughly 40 miles from my school tho . Next year I am hopefully picking up a few larger commercial properties between my house and school. After storms I just head back to school but I do go through alot of gas and I spend a lot of time driving. But I figure it will be worth it after I get out and hopefully have a good clientele base already built. So now it sucks but i look to the future! If I get any jobs that are worth it I will come home in the week to do the job and just come back to school after. I also work with my uncle's landscaping company (he's a solo op too) sometimes in the week while I am at school because he is about half way between my school and house. Then on every other tuesday I leave school and go mow my largest commercial account all day. That is about an hour drive as well. In the summer all of my accounts are within 10 miles (with the exception of my large commercial)/ Although the driving sucks while I am in school I love the work and cant wait to be doing it full time!
I see thats a lot of driving lol. Have you ever thought about sub contracting your truck for someone in town where you go to school, just until you get out of school. That way the only equipment you would need, would be your truck and plow.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 PM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post
I see thats a lot of driving lol. Have you ever thought about sub contracting your truck for someone in town where you go to school, just until you get out of school. That way the only equipment you would need, would be your truck and plow.
I actually have looked into it but i go to school in the middle of nowhere and there are very few opportunities. The one company I looked at actually was near where I already plow so I figured it out and I would still be making more money doing my own stuff on my own time. But yes the thought has crossed my mind many many times!
__________________
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2003 F350 Superduty
1999 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
1998 6.5x16 Landscape trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,638
Where do you go to school bud?
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Where do you go to school bud?
Slippery Rock University! I love being out in the country! I just wish there was more work up here lol
__________________
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2003 F350 Superduty
1999 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
1998 6.5x16 Landscape trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Slippery Rock University! I love being out in the country! I just wish there was more work up here lol
you should make the drive to yankee lake truck night in ohio sometime this summer. Its pretty cool I bet you would like it they got mudding pull offs all kinds of stuff, I usually go every friday night just depends how busy I am etc last year I made most of them and towed friends trucks about 12 times.
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
you should make the drive to yankee lake truck night in ohio sometime this summer. Its pretty cool I bet you would like it they got mudding pull offs all kinds of stuff, I usually go every friday night just depends how busy I am etc last year I made most of them and towed friends trucks about 12 times.
Thats bad @$$! I will have to check it out! I like that kind of stuff plus racing and demo derby but I just never get to check it out! I will have to make a point to do it tho!
__________________
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2003 F350 Superduty
1999 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
1998 6.5x16 Landscape trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-31-2011, 09:08 PM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Slippery Rock University! I love being out in the country! I just wish there was more work up here lol
Cool man, I knew a handful of people that went/go there. I went to Geneva over in Beaver Falls. I do love being in the country though; I'd like to move to Montana or South Dakota someday.
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 PM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Cool man, I knew a handful of people that went/go there. I went to Geneva over in Beaver Falls. I do love being in the country though; I'd like to move to Montana or South Dakota someday.
I have one or two friends that go to Geneva . I would love to live out here but I just dont think there is as much work compared to the area I am in now.
__________________
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2003 F350 Superduty
1999 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
1998 6.5x16 Landscape trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.08467 seconds with 10 queries