Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I've done it two ways:

1. Bose over-ear noise cancelling headphones with in-ear ear plugs inside. (Seems like the ear plugs defeat the purpose of the headphones but it really works well!)

2. Earbuds with professional over-ear ear protection.

Both work well but option one is lighter and more comfortable.
John Deer JA65
Shindaiwa T242
Sthil BG65
Husqvarna BP150
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawnRangerLLC View Post
Hey guys, I have received my ear fuze custom head phones. I have molded them and they sound pretty darn good. I have not had a chance to fire up any equipment this evening, but I will be working all day saturday with them so I will let you know. The only problem I had with the head phone is you have to first figure out what ear phone is for what side -- left and right-- but that is easy to do with this video on youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ODm-F9-IM ). Its loud so turn your volume down. Until then, here is a picture of one of the custom ear phones in my ear while it cures, and one of what it looks like out of the ear.

Ps. sorry for the fuzzy pictures, I used my camera built into the mac.

Please let us know how they work with equipment. I might try a pair if you have good results.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnangel1 View Post
Please let us know how they work with equipment. I might try a pair if you have good results.

Yeah, Same here!!!!

Are the "drivers" small enough to get in your ear nice and deep? Most in ear plugs I've tried are to big for my ears.

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 04-02-2011, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey everyone, I had a chance to put the ear fuze to work today. They are pretty nice. I wouldn't say they were the best headphones I have ever used, however, they awesome when it comes to blocking out noise and allowing you to hear the music. I had a Br 600 strapped to my back and never had a problem with hearing the music nice and clear. The little earbuds have a good sound and seem to handle all types of music. I have listened to rock, rap, a cappella, full concert band, etc. and they seem to be pretty good. I would not say they are ready for studio recording use, but for listening to music they work great. With the blower running wide open I was able to have my music at a comfortable level. Another great thing about these headphones... THEY DONT SLIP OUT BECAUSE OF SWEAT! I sweat like a wild animal when I am working and these didn't budge. These stayed right in place, and they are comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I probably had them in for about 5 hours today and my ears are not sore nor are they tired from listening to very loud music all day. I would recommend these. I got a custom color (orange) and they cost $50 shipped. If you get the flesh tone color they will be $48 shipped... so spend the extra two dollars and get some flashy ones.

As far as the molding of the earpiece goes, it was easy. You can look online for videos of how to mold them. I used the whole amount of material for each ear to maximize the sound blockage, but you do not have to if you do not wish. Bottom line is, I would say these are worth giving them a try.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Hey everyone, I had a chance to put the ear fuze to work today. They are pretty nice. I wouldn't say they were the best headphones I have ever used, however, they awesome when it comes to blocking out noise and allowing you to hear the music. I had a Br 600 strapped to my back and never had a problem with hearing the music nice and clear. The little earbuds have a good sound and seem to handle all types of music. I have listened to rock, rap, a cappella, full concert band, etc. and they seem to be pretty good. I would not say they are ready for studio recording use, but for listening to music they work great. With the blower running wide open I was able to have my music at a comfortable level. Another great thing about these headphones... THEY DONT SLIP OUT BECAUSE OF SWEAT! I sweat like a wild animal when I am working and these didn't budge. These stayed right in place, and they are comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I probably had them in for about 5 hours today and my ears are not sore nor are they tired from listening to very loud music all day. I would recommend these. I got a custom color (orange) and they cost $50 shipped. If you get the flesh tone color they will be $48 shipped... so spend the extra two dollars and get some flashy ones.

As far as the molding of the earpiece goes, it was easy. You can look online for videos of how to mold them. I used the whole amount of material for each ear to maximize the sound blockage, but you do not have to if you do not wish. Bottom line is, I would say these are worth giving them a try.
How did you feel overall from a Protection Standpoint??? Did you try with NO music on, could you guestimate the db drop with them? Do you think maybe -25 db or less/more?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got the Peltor Race-Tunes, They are analog tuning,, with a plug input for race scanners, or Mp3 players. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/dp/...QUKW/ref=nosim

The nob's seem better for tuning, and volume.

Gravely ZT XL 48" 24hp Kawasaki
Husqvarna 48" Belt drive W/ETS W/Pro-slide
21 White W/bagger
Toro 4 Stroke B/P blower
Toro Split shaft trimmer
assorted attachments 5x8 trailer
94 ECLB 6.5 K2500 Chevy ~ SnoWay 8ft plow
Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I use the Bose noise-cancelling over-the-ear headphones. They're expensive, but they block a lot of the engine noise, and I don't have to have the music on the iPhone turned all the way up. And they're very comfortable...
Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thunder chicken - the link is www.earfuze.com

Exact - I too have used my IEM's from Ultimate Ears, but they don't stay in place while working like they do when on stage or practicing... also, these are $50 vs over $200 like my UE IEM's are.
Thanks! I will check those out
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Rayo vac, I was very impressed with the db level blockage. I am not 100% sure of the actual db that is blocked but I know that with the music off, it blocked sound better than any foam plugs that I have used. If you are just looking for molded earplugs w/out the headphones in it, you can find, online at walmart, a company called radians. If I remember right they are like $15. But I know for sure that the ear fuze work well for blocking sound and allowing the music to come through nice and clear.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Rayo vac, I was very impressed with the db level blockage. I am not 100% sure of the actual db that is blocked but I know that with the music off, it blocked sound better than any foam plugs that I have used. If you are just looking for molded earplugs w/out the headphones in it, you can find, online at walmart, a company called radians. If I remember right they are like $15. But I know for sure that the ear fuze work well for blocking sound and allowing the music to come through nice and clear.
Ahhh good to hear. I pretty much wear foam now or I have some yellow rubbery ones that block a bit better. So if they seem to block close to at least what the foam does.. that a plus. I want to listen to music, but the goal would be to not have to turn it up so loud that it defeats the whole "Trying to Save My Hearing" agenda.