Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2011, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Generate more leads with an Online Quote form for FREE!

I recently tried a new "tactic" for getting more requests for estimates and it has paid off BIGTIME!

Here is an example of my online request an estimate form:
http://form.jotform.com/form/10364835285

My form is Dynamic meaning the questions it asks display based on your selections. The best part is that it instantly emails and text messages me when someone submits a request. Therefore, I can always respond quickly even when I am out in the field.

Even better is that this is all free! I use an online, easy to use form builder called JotForm and it's FREE!

I ask every new customers to complete a short questionnaire and many have said that the above form is what motivated them to request a quote.

It's FREE, why not give it a try!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
I recently tried a new "tactic" for getting more requests for estimates and it has paid off BIGTIME!

Here is an example of my online request an estimate form:
http://form.jotform.com/form/10364835285

My form is Dynamic meaning the questions it asks display based on your selections. The best part is that it instantly emails and text messages me when someone submits a request. Therefore, I can always respond quickly even when I am out in the field.

Even better is that this is all free! I use an online, easy to use form builder called JotForm and it's FREE!

I ask every new customers to complete a short questionnaire and many have said that the above form is what motivated them to request a quote.

It's FREE, why not give it a try!
I've been using jotforms too, they are very impressive, easy to use and free.

But how do you make it dynamic? I tried your form and as soon as you click on Residential for ex. It pops a new menu to select from, how do you make that on jot forms?
Complete lawn care services
Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGauvreau View Post
I've been using jotforms too, they are very impressive, easy to use and free.

But how do you make it dynamic? I tried your form and as soon as you click on Residential for ex. It pops a new menu to select from, how do you make that on jot forms?
It is under the "Setup and embed tab", The button to the right called "conditions" with the two arrows

Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright thanks, I'll have to tweak a little more my form when I'll have time
Complete lawn care services
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 AM
LawnSite Member

I tried jotform for our facebook fanpage for use as a contact form and it worked but what you've created here is really super!

Thanks for sharing all your great tricks!

Naples, FL
(239) 200-0600
swlfloridatreecare@live.com
Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Member

This is an excellent idea!

Reducing the barriers between you and your customers is always going to have a positive result. Lots of people might already be on your website looking up your contact information — many of them might find it easier and more convenient to just fill out a webform instead of pick up the phone and call. You also potentially end up with better, more complete information from your new potential customer, and it's permanently recorded automatically, instead of you having to stop what you're doing, find a pen and scribble out some notes.

WuFoo is another great service that does really nice web-forms. Check it out at www.wufoo.com.

Here at Octopus we're taking web-forms even a step further. One of the features we've been working on for release over the next couple of months is a web-form generator that allows you to put a form on your website that's connected directly to your Octopus account, so that a task is automatically added to your calendar when a potential customer submits a request on your website. You can also set up notification options so that you're notified. Keep an eye out for this feature over the next couple of weeks, and let us know if you have any suggestions or requests as to how you might like it implemented.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

DEAD on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusapp View Post
This is an excellent idea!

Reducing the barriers between you and your customers is always going to have a positive result. Lots of people might already be on your website looking up your contact information — many of them might find it easier and more convenient to just fill out a webform instead of pick up the phone and call. You also potentially end up with better, more complete information from your new potential customer, and it's permanently recorded automatically, instead of you having to stop what you're doing, find a pen and scribble out some notes.

WuFoo is another great service that does really nice web-forms. Check it out at www.wufoo.com.
You are exactly right! I have noticed that most people surf the net not during the 7am to 6pm that we are working, but actually in the late evening and into night. Most people wouldn't feel comfortable calling a landscaper at 9:00pm nor do we really want them to. The online estimate request form provides them to still give detailed information on what they want done or serviced but at any time of the day. This allows them to take action now rather than waiting till the next morning to call during operation hours.

Your also right when it keeps a permanent record of everything they complete on the form. JotForm allows you to create printable reports and can even show me a pie chart breaking down which services people want estimates for by percentages.

I looked at WuFoo but to be honest, I think JotForm is wayy better and has more to offer and it is COMPLETLY free with no branding.

Give it a try and you WILL see results!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Again...awesome share, thanks Kirk. I'm working on getting our lawncare business a place on the web. Now to find the best web design for little cost??? LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

What price would you say is "little cost"? I may be able to help.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Member

This is fantastic! Thank you Kirk!!

Tags
estimate , form , online , request