Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Sponsor

Hello Grassman,

Having the milled flat of the drive shaft lined up with the set screw is better, but not an absolute - address it when you have time, it will not hinder the use of the machine. And as I mentioned above - we'll gladly send you a new drive shaft if yours is damaged from removing the arbor.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

send him a whole new machine.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ok punt66, i get it. but the machine operates as intended and very well indeed. thanks for your concerns. simply put, the set screw loosened and had to be retightened.

but, even though the set screw is off in placement, that thing is not going anywhere soon as it is really tight.

Magna matic, i will mess with the arbor and see what i can do and let you know. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Grass, I wouldnt flip the wheel. Having that angle on the wheel makes it heaps easier to get right to the end of the cutting edge. May even let the wheel last longer as have more surface area.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Hey Grass, I wouldnt flip the wheel. Having that angle on the wheel makes it heaps easier to get right to the end of the cutting edge. May even let the wheel last longer as have more surface area.
interesting. i can see that. easy to reverse again. but does it matter that much?

what does magna matic have to say?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
send him a whole new machine.
I had a set screw loosen, and simply tightened it. My thought is as a Pro Sharpener, I'm changing the wheels frequently and the wrenching probably loosened the set screw. I attrribute this to my use and nothing with the equipment.

As for number of blades? In the hundreds last year. All types. Used lots of different methods prior to Magna-Matic and NOTHING comes close to speed, accuracy, and consistency.

There is no need to send a new machine as you state. Tighten the screw and get on with it.

Your Avatar shows an H-D ... like that brand never has anything loosen, right? And you always bring it in and never yourself turn a wrench? So MoCo should replace your ride? LOL .............
Old 04-07-2011, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

still loving the magna matic. one of the guys sharpened the wrong way and got that angle back in there and it caused it to vibrate a bit while sharpening. i worked it back out flat agian after a couple blades. guys arent as understanding of proper technique like i am it seems!

anyways, the issue has not come up since about the wheel moving off the shaft. good to go.

another thing is the mess is so much less even with the small shop vac we have hooked up to it. very cool, and we certainly dont miss the mess that the rbg gave us. i truely is everywhere from using it for years
Old 04-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Sponsor

Hello Grassman,

One thing to mention to your guys that are using the MAG-8000 is to keep downward pressure on the blade so they do not lift part of the blade off the worktable while grinding. This most often happens when people are OVER-PUSHING into the wheel. Because we run at a higher RPM you don't really need to push as hard as people may be used to when using a bench grinder style machine.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 04-07-2011, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
still loving the magna matic. one of the guys sharpened the wrong way and got that angle back in there and it caused it to vibrate a bit while sharpening. i worked it back out flat agian after a couple blades. guys arent as understanding of proper technique like i am it seems!

anyways, the issue has not come up since about the wheel moving off the shaft. good to go.

another thing is the mess is so much less even with the small shop vac we have hooked up to it. very cool, and we certainly dont miss the mess that the rbg gave us. i truely is everywhere from using it for years
Get yourself a dressing stone!