fertigation?

anybody believe in fertigation on this site?Terry
Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crete View Post
anybody believe in fertigation on this site?Terry
Crete

My experience With Fertigation and Hydroponics has been in my nursery for the propose of increase growth and decreasing growing time to product market ready product in the shortest time. IMHO it can be very tricky or you can over fertilize. Another draw back is the weening time needed before trans planting. Just like a Fat girl who stuffs her face with Pizza Plants get used to eating a lot. Take away a Fat Girls Pizza and she is going to react, so are plants. When force growing you must slowly remove the fertilizer just like you would throw the Fat Girl into a fat camp or rehab.

If you are talking the Home installs in the Irrigation system, Stay away from it big time IMHO.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Crete

My experience With Fertigation and Hydroponics has been in my nursery for the propose of increase growth and decreasing growing time to product market ready product in the shortest time. IMHO it can be very tricky or you can over fertilize. Another draw back is the weening time needed before trans planting. Just like a Fat girl who stuffs her face with Pizza Plants get used to eating a lot. Take away a Fat Girls Pizza and she is going to react, so are plants. When force growing you must slowly remove the fertilizer just like you would throw the Fat Girl into a fat camp or rehab.

If you are talking the Home installs in the Irrigation system, Stay away from it big time IMHO.
Crete

My Bad. Because I used Fertigation for force growing I just replied as if you were force growing also. But my answer about Home lawn Fertigation is still the same, It is not all that successful. In containers plants won't show a big difference in growth or color like a lawn will. Most all irrigation system will have wet and dry spots and those spots will have different growth and color. also I believe the Granola Fruits and Nuts will find Fertigation Politically incorrect. You are constantly releasing soluble Chemicals in water into the environment.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.