Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookslandscaping18 View Post
its not really like that around here he has a bunch of contracts and doesnt need anymore he has been in business for 30 years and does a development that the main road is 9 miles long and that is not including the side roads he is built up really good and respected by all really good he would never take one of my propertys or anything of that nature he has always helped me out when i needed help with anything
Then take the route if it's priced right. Sounds like an oldtimer who's not into games and is just probably trying to make some extra money or is just helping out a younger guy like you because he was you at one point and is most likely just helping you out. Don't miss out on a big opportunity. This guy could really help you grow. Word of mouth is extremly important, especially in smaller communities. Be prepared to do quality work or it will backfire very bad.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Well he offered me 13 an hour at 50 to 60 hours a week and aleast a 40 hour pay check in the winter months. He said that there is chances i will see 15 or more an hour in the future but you never nows how that goes. So its still kindy up in the air i have thought about taking it and keeping some of my yards just to make a little extra do u guys think it is a good deal or a bad deal.