Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Member

First cut with the Bad Boy MZ 48

First off you must know that the only mower I had ever owned prior to this one was a Poulan Pro 42" with a 16.5 Intek.

Last Saturday I cut my 1 acre and was very impressed with the mower. It did/does everything I wanted. After I finished mowing, I started feeling down that I would have to wait 7-10 days to use it again.

After sitting on the couch sulking a little, I called my neighbor who has a couple rental houses in the country on 3 acres. He informed me that he had not yet cut the grass out there this year. He lets me hunt and fish on some land he owns, so I told him I would cut the yard as some payback for his hospitality.

I loaded my mower and headed out to the country. When I arrived, I couldn't believe my eyes. Knee high weeds growing over the centipede grass, 3 acres of it. I ripped the mower off the trailer, lifted the chute, throttled up and engaged the blades. The sound these machines make when the blades are engaged brings a smile to my face everytime. The next 2 hours were pure joy listening to the 26hp Kawasaki(through my earplugs) destroy anything below the 3 inch cut setting I chose. After the last strip was complete, I loaded her back on the trailer and took her home for a bath.

I understand my mower is not the Biggest or Baddest. But its the biggest and baddest thing I've ever been on. I couldn't imagine what using one of the full commercial units would be like.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyfree31 View Post
First off you must know that the only mower I had ever owned prior to this one was a Poulan Pro 42" with a 16.5 Intek.

Last Saturday I cut my 1 acre and was very impressed with the mower. It did/does everything I wanted. After I finished mowing, I started feeling down that I would have to wait 7-10 days to use it again.

After sitting on the couch sulking a little, I called my neighbor who has a couple rental houses in the country on 3 acres. He informed me that he had not yet cut the grass out there this year. He lets me hunt and fish on some land he owns, so I told him I would cut the yard as some payback for his hospitality.

I loaded my mower and headed out to the country. When I arrived, I couldn't believe my eyes. Knee high weeds growing over the centipede grass, 3 acres of it. I ripped the mower off the trailer, lifted the chute, throttled up and engaged the blades. The sound these machines make when the blades are engaged brings a smile to my face everytime. The next 2 hours were pure joy listening to the 26hp Kawasaki(through my earplugs) destroy anything below the 3 inch cut setting I chose. After the last strip was complete, I loaded her back on the trailer and took her home for a bath.

I understand my mower is not the Biggest or Baddest. But its the biggest and baddest thing I've ever been on. I couldn't imagine what using one of the full commercial units would be like.

Thanks for listening.
Yep, you know these mowers are fun when you start calling people and telling them you will mow their 3 acres just for fun!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 9.5 acres that I would be more than happy to let you cut!!! You can hunt here if you want too!!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

they are a blast. How does it take to get fromTexas to Ohio?????
Stihl FS90R
Shindaiwa EB212 Blower
Stihl MS250
Kubota MX5000
Old 04-07-2011, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean! I've been way over due mowing with mine this year. Too wet. A wife that has a health problem. So I've been mowing my mother in laws lawn with my old 1999 46 inch Sabre. But I still remember the first time we mowed with the Bad Boy Pup. It was awesome! It's continued to be awesome! I'll get that feeling again this Saturday, once I start my season. The Pup will sure get a workout!

How about posting some pictures?

ms
Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

bogeyfree31, good report...glad you like your MZ. That's quite the mow you took on with your MZ. I didn't have that kind of stuff to mow this year (or that much of it), but I did have a bunch of overgrown weeds (found out they are called Purple Dead Nettle) that were very thick...but the MZ handled it just fine.

Kevin
Old 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_SURVEYOR View Post
I know what you mean! I've been way over due mowing with mine this year. Too wet. A wife that has a health problem. So I've been mowing my mother in laws lawn with my old 1999 46 inch Sabre. But I still remember the first time we mowed with the Bad Boy Pup. It was awesome! It's continued to be awesome! I'll get that feeling again this Saturday, once I start my season. The Pup will sure get a workout!

How about posting some pictures?

ms
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=30

Kevin
Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post
they are a blast. How does it take to get fromTexas to Ohio?????
Takes about 30 minutes...Just jump in your truck and head north...The grass is waiting!! Don't panic if it takes a little longer to arrive, just keep it pointed north!!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's about like my Sister-in-Laws 30 min. "Just a 30min. float down the river"
My 8yr son and I arrived 2hrs later 30min. after dark.
Stihl FS90R
Shindaiwa EB212 Blower
Stihl MS250
Kubota MX5000
Old 04-12-2011, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bogeyfree....glad to see that u like ur new mower ive mowed a full year and 5 cuts this year with my Mz with no problems It is amazing what these small ztrs can do Enjoy ur new toy
Posted via Mobile Device